Chapter 53

𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳...

The Ravenhood Syndicate basked in the fact that they defeated the Paloma Cartel once and for all. After years of fighting and plotting, they finally succeeded – funny thing is, they brought the fight to them and still lost. Now, The Wolvez and The Ravens were partners and the world was peaceful again. News of the Ravens' Godfather getting married soon had spread like wildfire, so did news of him being the one who k!lled the Kingpin of the Paloma Cartel. They're currently the most dangerous, cruel, and ruthless gang in the world.

Not even authorities dare mess with the. Their power winds threw Cities and suburbs alike.

The world is at their mercy.

“Congratulations, Don!” a man said as he walked by Domenico in their new hideout.

“Thank you,” he replied politely and kept walking.

‘𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬!𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥.’ a voice ominously said inside his head. Ryat squeezed his eyes shut and turned into an empty room. For the last few days, he barely slept, guilt plagued his heart – both for k!lling his friend and not personally visiting Meira and his friends. He basically abandoned them. Well, it's not like they'd speak to him after they heard the news of what he'd done.

‘I did the right thing, he betrayed us. He betrayed me.’ he tried convincing himself, but it didn't work.

His heart refused to hear anything his mouth had to say. Neon is d**d – because of him. He vividly remembers the look in Zayde's eyes before they closed, it was a look of absolute devastation. It haunts his every dream, now he fears sleeping.

He slid down the wall and sat on the ground, propping his elbows on his knees and putting his face in his hands. As he sat there, his mind wondered, and he remembered his talk with his grandmother about a drug dealer who betrayed his friend. Neon was the dealer, he was positive.

But currently, he feels like the dealer instead.

····
𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘏𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭.

“Shh, honey, I know it hurts,” Syahla rubbed Meira's back as she wept on her lap.

The news of Ryat's marriage and him k!lling El Santé had reached them early this morning, everyone has been in a glum mood ever since.

“How could he?” she sobbed, feeling as though the other side of her heart has disappeared – well, because it did. “Ryat k!lled Neon. H-he threw him–”

“Don't repeat it, please,” Venom said, holding a bottle of alcohol with his eyes bloodshot and filled with tears. “Don't remind me, because I swear to God I'll find that bastard and make him swallow this bottle. He broke his f**king promise. He didn't even have the decency to visit us! I dropped out of school because of that bastard! Just to work and get him out of jail for r@p!ng Angelicca. Look what that f**king resulted in!” he threw the bottle across the room and it shattered just like his heart.

“He promised me. The pinky promise which we sealed with our bl**d, Ryat, after everything we've been through with and because of you... This is the thanks we get?” Korpse could hardly speak. “And here we were thinking Neon would sell us out. How f**king wrong we were.”

Meira got up from Syahla's lap and ran outside, unable to believe what the messenger had came to tell them. There was already so much problems. Both Bella and Bandit were in comas, Katniss was getting treated for severe burns on her legs, Dylan had a broken leg, and now Neon was d**d and Ryat is getting married to a woman who isn't she.