Chapter 30

𝘈𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘙𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦... [6:03 𝘱.𝘮.]

Carnage, Venom, Bandit and Korpse stood with folded arms intensely looking down at a phone on the table between them. There was a picture of Neon wearing black and glasses, a hood on his head with bear ears and his t*ngue protruding past his lips stretched in a grin. He had a red cup in his hand. A red and green icon were at the corners of the screen. The phone rang, and rang, and rang, until it reached voicemail. They've been calling him for the past two hours now and he is yet to pick up his phone.

This is unlike Neon. Whenever you call Neon, unlike his friends, he always picks up at the first or second ring–sure, he'll b**ch about being called but he always answers. This is a worrying situation they're in. Carnage bent down to try calling his friend again, but it was the same result. He got angry and stepped into the table, crushing it and the phone under his weight.

“There was an explosion at the place he works,” Bandit said, fingers tapping on his chin. “Eye witnesses claim men dressed in fancy black suits caught him, one of them had a g*n to his head, but some white cars pulled up and shot every one of 'em d**d. Neon reportedly hopped into one of the white cars and left. A shoot-out between the black side and the white side ensued. According to traffic cams, the white cars made the black ones crash into multiple other cars then disappeared off the grid. That's all the information I've managed to gather so far–it's as if Neon just disappeared off the face of the earth.”

“Why isn't he picking up his f**king phone then? He always has his phone with him, no matter where he is,” Ryat's frustration and worry grew with each passing second. In Arkville they have a lot of enemies–most are last friends, the rest joined the hate train to gain some form of recognition. His mind shows him images of what they could've done Neon and fear clamours in his throat. He's got to find him. Now. Immediately.

“I don't know where else to look,” Venom rested on the arm of a chair. In those two hours they've drove around every place Neon might've been–and he hates going on especially without the company of his friends, so there weren't many places to look. “What if something happened to him?” Venom couldn't take another heartbreak.

Bandit covered his face and stooped down, sobs wracking his body. He'd witnessed the death of Satan and Lucifer–former members of the gang–and the arrest of Ryat. Luckily, he returned. He doesn't know if he'll be able to survive if Neon goes missing permanently–he can't live without his homeboys. They're his family. The ones who wiped his tears when others accused him of being for crying. They mean everything to him. All of them. If anything bad happens to Neon...

The boys all collapsed next to each other on the couch, fighting back tears, their brains forcing them to see images of what might've happened to him. One thing is for certain; if Neon dies, the world would never feel the end of their wrath.

Meira was behind a wall, hand over her mouth and tears running down her cheeks. Was Neon actually missing? Would she never see him again? That can't be possible. She'd gotten used to Neon's company, and she'd never forget the time he comforted her in the backyard at night. Her mother was in the hospital, she didn't whether she'd survive or not–nobody knows what tomorrow brings. She can't lose two of the people she cares about, she just can't. Impossible.

“Pssst, Meira!” Belinda appeared wiping her hands in a white apron. She quickly tied it around her waist then rushed to her. “What's wrong?”

“Neon... He's missing,” she hugged her step-cousin and cried on her shoulder. “He's been gone for more than two hours now.”

“Meira, um, it's been two hours,” Bella was confused as to why she was so upset. He's probably busy doing something. She finds it ridiculous she's this worried about someone. “I don't see why you're so upset.”