Chapter 35

'𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥**,
𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧**𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...’

Korpse's eyes opened to the sound of his ringing phone. He released a long, annoyed groan then pulled his hands down his face. He glared at the ceiling in the living room before pushing himself off the couch with his elbows. It was quickly made clear he was the only one around, except for a few maids admiring his body–he was shirtless. Korpse's brows creased as the phone started ringing again, he covered his mouth and yawned them reached for the phone to see who's calling.

‘Kitty?’ he thought, upon seeing the caller ID. He wasted no time in swiping the green icon upwards. “Katniss, what's up?”

“Where are you? Get home now.”

“I don't feel like coming home, maybe I'll stay here for the night.”

“Excuse me? I didn't hear that right.”

“Kitty.”

“I said come home, please,” her voice softened significantly at the last word.

Korpse really didn't plan to go home, he just wasn't in the mood, but when Katniss said 'please' a sensual shiver zinged down his spine to his c**k. Making it half hard in seconds. “Fine.”

“Oh, good! Bring a bottle of milk on your way home, a box of strawberry and chocolate muffins, three bags of Lays, and large cans of cheese flavored Pringles,” the clanking of pots could be heard in the background of the call. “And please by me a Hello Kitty apron, I don't like this white one. It's too plain.”

Korpse leaned back on the couch and placed a hand on the thigh of one of his sprawled legs. “Aight, I'll be there in about an hour.”

“Could you be faster?”

“You could go yourself. You live up the road from a supermarket.”

“You could shut up and get moving.”

“What did I say about attitude? Want me to repeat what happened last time, but this time explore the world inside your panties?”

She hung up.

Korpse dropped the phone and chuckled, the sound reverberating throughout his chest. He pushed off the couch and grabbed his studded jacket off the back of a chair, he shoved his arms through the sleeves then pulled it up his back.

“Godfrey, where are you going?” Carnage was descending the stairs while putting on a white shirt.

He spotted bandages wrapped around his shoulder and some across his chest. Korpse lifted a brown quizzically at Carnage who saw and sighed. “What happened to you? Looks like someone f**ked you up.”

“Got into a fight with bodybuilders wielding axes,” his lips curled slightly as he moved past him to the hall that led into the kitchen. “Got a few injuries, nothing life threatening. Right now their 'remains' are probably being eaten by rats or vultures. I k!lled Christopher, too.”

“F**ker had it coming,” Korpse followed Carnage into the kitchen and sat on a stool around the black marble island. The top was clean and shiny, reflecting the extravagant chandelier hung above it. “So... You'll be leaving soon.”

Ryat picked out a square container of strawberries from the fridge, he paused with it in his hand then looked back at Korpse. He was at the other side of the island, his elbows resting on it with his fingers interlocked–he looked like he'd just been pissed off and would get up and beat someone to d**th. That, however, was something natural with Korpse. Like his name, he always looked like he wants to turn someone into a corpse.