| 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 | 09

"Is this how you treat family? Just because you're making a couple of bucks from selling narcos and cocaine you feel like you're better than me now, huh?" behind the bar a man with a barrel belly and low haircut wearing a blue shirt, knee-length jeans, and sunglasses is getting pissed off at someone. "It's a few couple thousand dollars I'm sure you can do without that. Besides, this would count as an extra for all that money you borrowed from me, kid."

Neon stood there as still as a stone, staring at the man sputtering utter bullshit. "Uncle Juan, I'm gonna ask you nicely for the last name. Where is my money? I lent you close to ten thousand a month ago, you said you'd pay me back last week but you didn't. I've given you enough time, pay up now before things get nasty," towards the end of that statement a familiar darkness clouded his eyes.

A single sign that his incurable anger issues have stirred him awake. The longer this man stalled the more his rage mixed with irritation and impatience grew. "Give me my money, I want it now. Don't fucking play with me."

Juan felt incredibly disrespected and made the terrible mistake of grabbing Neon by his shirt and dragging him forward. "Ya little punk! I raised you because your whore of a mother couldn't. It's time for you to pay me back for everything I've given you. Don't pass your place with me, boy, you're still a child and I'm a man."

Neon sighed deeply and shut his eyes. "Uncle Juan, I'm warning you. Back off now or I'm gonna fuck you the hell up."

The older man was highly offended by his nephew's words. He was nothing but a stupid boy he unfortunately had to raise. How dare he threaten him? This was unacceptable. "Alright kid, you're asking for it. I'll give you something," he punched Neon across the face and shoved him off. "You wanna talk to me like a man? Make sure you can fight like one too."

Neon's impatience ran out at that moment.

He turned to look at Juan and used his thumb to wipe the blood away from the corner of his lips. "Big mistake, Uncle Juan."

When Neon swung back and his fist collided with the side of his face Juan fell flat on his back, his jaw almost breaking off completely from the sheer force. A stinging pain shot through it, he held his jaw and gritted his teeth angrily. 'This boy dares to raise his hand at me? I'll be sure to teach him a lesson-'

"Aaaahhhh!" he screamed in agonizing pain. Juan looked down and saw his entire leg was bent in an L. Neon stood over him with an iron pole. The look in his eyes was a blood-curdling one, not to mention the crooked smile on his face. "Y-you!"

Neon wasn't done yet. He raised his weapon once more and hit Juan across the head with just the right amount of force to not break his skull or knock him out. He went on to mercilessly beat the shit out of his uncle for the next five minutes.

"Zayde! S-stop... P-please... I-I raised you! I-I'm your Uncle... Y-your flesh and blood! I'm family!" he squinted when Neon raised the iron to hit him but didn't. Icy fear gripped the man's stomach. "Z-zayde... D-don't k-kill m-me! I'll pay you back tomorrow, I promise! I'll take a l-loan f-from the ba-aah don't hit me again! Please!"

Neon slammed the pole in his ribcage and purred at the sound of his bones breaking. Satisfied with what he'd done, he tossed the pole aside and stood over his Uncle. "Pay you back for everything you gave me? You mean for all the pain, headaches, sleepless nights, fucked up mental health and anger issues? Fuck yeah, I'll pay you back."

Juan's eyes bulged beyond comparison. He saw his life flash before his eyes when his Nephew brought out a silver revolver and flicked out the cylinder to check if it was filled or not. Juan knew Neon was a problematic kid with a nasty attitude and an infamous temper, but he would never put the life of a family member to an end, right? After all, he is family.