The Fall

The day after the family dinner, Ramiel had returned to work and was collecting dead souls from Earth. Today was a busy day, thirty deaths worldwide. Now after dealing with twenty-nine other souls, Ramiel had touched down on the last one. A young man who had been shot. He appeared to souls in his full Angelic form, a mighty warrior decorated in white, gold, and blue armour, accompanied by six white and blue wings on his back. Wings and similar ornamental designs decorated the armour and it had blue gems on some places, having been built with plate of angelic steel on top of one another.

"Greetings, my child." Ramiel greeted as he surrounded himself in golden light.

"Who are you?" The man asked, shielding his eyes from the bright figure in front of him.

"Ramiel! The Judge of Souls! I am here to determine if you go to Heaven or Hell! May I have your name?" He spoke excitedly since he was finally able to say his name without getting bombarded with questions.

========================================================================

Angel looked at his friend and commented, "You are way too enthusiastic that someone died."

"When you get asked 'where am I', 'what's going on' and stuff like that every time you meet someone new for five hundred years, you appreciate it when someone lets you talk."

"In the war, how did you reach so many souls who died at relatively the same time? I watched entire squads die by artillery fire."

"I'd sometimes use clones or just go one at a time depending on how many died. But any mass death was a... draining part of my job."

========================================================================

"Wait? So I'm dead? I–I can't be dead, I got a life, man! I just got my shit together!"

"I'm sorry, if I could bring you back to life I would. Your body is in no condition to house a human soul. I can't imagine how difficult it is to leave your child behind, but I can't restore you to life given the damage to your body. Please, tell me your name."

"Malcolm Robbins." he replied despondently.

========================================================================

"Isn't that you, Vector?" Vaggie asked.

"Yup. That was me before going to Hell."

"Wait... but you said that you and Ram went to Hell around the same time. How did you handle knowing he was the judge of Souls?"

"What was I supposed to do? This guy could wipe the floor with everyone in the room and not even feel some sweat on his balls. I ain't getting in a fight with him."

"Master is a smart man. If he sent someone to Hell, then there had to be a reason for it." Skoll then turned to Vector with slight panic. "That came out wrong."

"Except Vector wasn't supposed to go to Hell. That being said... I'm sorry for sending you all down here."

"Sorry doesn't change much dear boy," Alastor said with a laugh. "Can't apologize to those miserable souls the Exorcist killed."

"Shut the fuck up, Alastor." Vector snarled.

"Ramiel, drop it." Angel scoffed in annoyance. "Ya did your job and we weren't decent folk. You did good, so don't feel guilty."

"I mean... I was a Nazi, I'd be surprised if I landed anywhere else."

Ramiel hummed but the words of his friends wouldn't sink in. All he could think of were the five hundred years worth of sinners that Angels killed every year because he sent them to Hell. He made those choices, the blood was on his hands.