Chp 29 - Threat

The poison that caused Sanemi's heat wore off in a few days. The omega was exhausted, and ever so tired. He felt like he could pass out any moment. Giyuu took his mate to the infirmary, remembering how this was Sanemi's second heat in a prolonged period of time. He entered the room and called out.

"Kocho?" The couple heard ruflled footsteps from the other side of the room and Shinobu walked in, her hair messy and bags under her eyes. A typical 'I just woke up' on her face, but she still managed a smile.

"Ara Ara, Giyuu, Sanemi, how may I help you?" The purple haired alpha asked, and Giyuu helped Sanemi sit down.

"Shizu-San, Sanemi's mother, informed me that this was the second heat Sanemi's had in eleven years. I found that something to worry about. I brought him here for a checkup, to make sure he's healthy." Giyuu said, and Shinobu frowned in response.

"My my, that is indeed worrying. Sanemi, can you lie down please" The alpha asked and the omega did so. Shinobu hunched over and checked Sanemi's pulse, something with his eye and asked him a few questions. In the end she just sighed.

"It's not much to worry about his body's health, but I do need to ask. Sanemi, did something happen that made your inner wolf feel unsafe? Heats tend to stop just in case there is a threat." Sanemi stiffened slightly, his mind wandered about how he should phrase all the trauma he went through. Then something clicked, Shinobu had asked a yes or no question, allowing hjm toeat around the bush.

"Yes, though I'm not comfortable elaborating." he said and Shinobu nodded.

"What matters is that your wolf felt safe enough to start your heat cycle again. We can leave what happened in the past, in the past." Sanemi nodded, that is exactly what he wanted.

"Are you going to be okay during the coronation?" Shinobu asked and Sanemi was brought back to the present.

The coronation of him as the tribe's head omega was in a week. Technically he became the head omega as soon as he mated with Giyuu. But they needed to formally introduce him to the entire tribe. The coronation would be held when the entire tribe was present. It was a big event and therefore Sanemi had to be in 'top shape'.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It's tin the next week anyway. Not like I'll faint." Sanemi brushed off and Shinobu smiled.

"Well, you better get some rest, wouldn't want our head omega too tired and sore to attend the coronation now would we?" Shinobu asked, giving a knowing glance in Giyuu's direction. The alpha blushed and hurried Sanemi out the room.

* * *

The day was finally here, the coronation. And Sanemi was dead beat tired. He had hardly been able to sleep, then had scurried over to Giyuu's room and was able to snag a few hours of sleep while in the alpha's arms. He groggily sat up on the silken bed and yawned.

"Good morning sleepy head." Giyuu said as he walked out of the dresser, wearing a tribal robe and his hair down. Sanemi almost blushed. The robe was made of white silk and had blue waves embroidered into it. It gave the impression of seafoam in water.

" 'Morning asshole." Sanemi said as he rubbed his eyes. He got up from the bed and trudged to his mate, enveloping the alpha in his arms and snuggling into his chest. He breathed in Giyuu's scent, finding comfort in the salty accents of his sea breeze scent. He snuggled closer, a content purr leaving his lips.

"Someone's clingy." Giyuu said as he let out a quiet chuckle and Sanemi grumbled.

"You're lucky that this coronation shit is important, or I'd have dragged your ass back to my nest and cuddled you to death." Sanemi said and Giyuu laughed.