Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

April sends me photos and videos of baby Jax every day and I tell her about my pregnancy. I'm now seven months pregnant and I moved out of my parents' house and bought a house a few streets away from my parents. Even though my parents assured me that it wouldn't be a problem for them if I lived with them with the baby.
While it would be great to continue living with them, before the baby comes, it's time for me to live on my own so I can be independent.
The thought of me doing all this without Hayden, even though I know my family won't leave me alone, scares me.
But I know that I will get it done, I have to get it done for my son and for myself.
Shortly before midnight the doorbell rings, a little anxiously, I take my baseball bat and go down the stairs quietly. I open the front door and stand frozen. His blue eyes look at my swollen stomach and then at my face. There are tears in his eyes as are mine and I have no idea why my eyes are full of tears.
"What... what are you doing here?" I ask, wrapping my arms around my stomach as if I'm hiding it.
He swallows and wants to take a step closer but I back away, he looks back at my stomach and then back at my face. "Tom...he came to my house and told me you were pregnant. Why didn't you tell me?"
I laugh a little. "Why didn't I tell you?" I ask and he nods. "Hayden, I flew to Canada to tell you in person, but you slept with your ex." I wipe away the tear that fell from the corner of my eye.
"I...I'm sorry, Aleia." he says
His eyes are puffy and he looks tired, part of me feels bad for him but another part of me says he deserves to look and feel bad like that.
I put down the baseball bat and open the door a little wider, even though in a way Hayden doesn't deserve me to be nice to him, I can't help it, after all he's the father of my child.
He comes in with his suitcase and runs after me, I run up the stairs and show him the guest room, he puts his suitcase in and then turns to me.
"I'm really tired, Hayden. My feet hurt and my back is killing me." I say. ,,Let's talk tomorrow." Without waiting for his answer, I go to my room, which is opposite the guest room, I leave the door open a little so that Poppy, who is always in the baby's room, can come into bed with me.
I try to sleep but I can't and this time it's not because of the baby but because of the man in the other room.
Why did Tom tell him I was pregnant? I pick up my phone and want to text Tom, but first I want to know what Hayden is up to now. So I put my phone back on the bedside table.
Will Hayden take the baby away from me? But that would be ridiculous, he wouldn't do something like that. He would have done the same with Rachel.
Or?
   ★★★

I wake up to the smell of pancakes, as I walk down the stairs and turn into the kitchen I see Hayden putting a pancake on a plate.
,,Good morning." I say.
He looks up from the plate and smiles. "Good morning, sweet girl."
I look away from him because that pet name brings tears to my eyes.
He pushes the plate and the maple syrup towards me and pours me coffee, he puts it next to the plate and I sit on the bar stool. I grab a knife and fork and start eating without looking at Hayden.
After breakfast we both sat down in the living room because I couldn't stand the bar stool anymore because of my back pain. I put several pillows behind my back and am now sitting comfortably. When I look at Hayden, he is already looking at me.
,,I'm sorry." he begins. "Aleia, if I had known you were pregnant then..."
"Then you wouldn't have slept with Rachel?" I hiss angrily.

56