𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎

I wish Hayden had told me before he broke up that Rachel had threatened to take away custody of his daughter if he was still with me, then maybe we could have found a solution other than with me to end it.
"Shall we go?" I ask, breaking the silence.
,,Yes." he says.
At home I put on a pair of shorts, shorts and a tank top and go to the kitchen where I want to make dinner, but Hayden is already at the stove.
"I hope you still like pasta while you're pregnant." He says and turns to me, his eyes go a little wide and he swallows, his eyes moving to my stomach, which is more visible through the tank top.
"Do you want to touch it?" I ask, smiling.
He nods and I move closer to him, he reaches out and places his hands on my stomach, our son moves as if he knows his father is currently touching my stomach. One kick makes Hayden smile and our son's second kick makes his eyes tear up. Hayden kneels on the floor and presses his mouth to my stomach and then he whispers something really quiet that I can't understand.
And out of habit I stroke Hayden's blonde hair, which immediately makes him look up at me. I want to take my hand away again but Hayden whispers: "Don't."
So I let my hand into his hair and stroke as he continues to whisper to our son in my belly.

                                 ★★★

I'm lying in my bed and my thoughts turn to Hayden and I wonder if Rachel is now threatening him with custody of Briar Rose because I'm pregnant with him and if she knows he's with me.
What will Hayden do? Will he choose his daughter?
But I shake off that thought because Hayden will choose his daughter and son, I'm one hundred percent sure of that.
Poppy, who is lying next to me, puts her head on my stomach and closes her eyes, the door was wide open for Poppy when she came from the baby's room.
I see that Hayden also has the door to the guest room a little open and I can see him with his laptop on his lap and the bright screen illuminating his face, concentrating on it. His bright blue eyes look even brighter from the bright light of the screen.
As if he sensed that I was staring at him, he looked up from his laptop and the bright little table lamp that was on the bedside table next to me illuminated my red cheeks.
He closes his laptop and gets up from the bed, I see that he hesitates a bit, but he comes into my bedroom and looks around, he then sits down next to me and strokes my stomach, and the baby immediately starts kicking .
"Hayden?"
He looks up from my stomach and raises an eyebrow. I have to ask him this question now because I need to know what happens to Briar Rose.
"Does Rachel know I'm pregnant?" I ask.
,,Yes." he says.
"Hmm and did she want to take custody of Briar Rose away from you again?" When he lowers his gaze again, I take his hand. "Hayden?"
He looks up. "The night Tom flew to see me, Rachel was with me and she heard Tom tell me that you were pregnant, she heard it and somehow she was angry, but on the one hand she wasn't." he says.
I look at him confused, not sure if she was mad or not.
"Well, at first she was mad that you got pregnant and then when Briar Rose heard that she was incredibly happy that she was having a brother or sister and when Rachel saw her like that she told me to move my ass to you ."
,,Oh." I'm just saying because I somehow thought Rachel wanted to take custody away from him, but that she doesn't and that she herself told Hayden to come here, I think it was nice of her.
Hayden's gaze moves from my face to my body, but lingers a bit on my breasts, which have grown during pregnancy but hurt like hell.

60