Chapter 35

Season 4: Episode 13: into the wild

My body felt stiff, groaning in pain as my eyes fluttered open. I was confused waking up at first before the memories came rushing in of Bonnie managing to knock me unconscious.

My eyes immediately fell onto Klaus who was across from me staring at Kol's corpse. His face was filled with a sad expression, his mind not here.

"Klaus.." My voice came out, almost like a whisper.

His head immediately snapped towards me, getting off the floor and rushing towards me. "Darling." He gathered me in his arms, pressing a kiss to my head. "You're alright, yes?"

"Morning, sunshines." Tyler's voice cut me off before I could respond. "You look pathetic." He added, staring at Klaus who looked almost miserable.

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything because I'll have fogged your eyeballs out from their socket." Niklaus threatened, letting go of me as he directed his full attention on Tyler.

I should have known they were planning something. My brothers. They'd never get along with Klaus. But they just did it to trick him.

"My friends will be back with the cure by then. So, I could shove it down your throat and make you mortal." Tyler tried to threaten, obviously trying to act strong but to me, it just made me cringe.

"I'm an original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? For example, you."

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire. Our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you. Which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it."

I just the moment Klaus vamp sped towards Tyler but was soon blocked by the barrier. "I recommend drowning. There nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath, and let me tell you. Your mother was a fighter." Klaus taunted, as Tyler's face grew angry, sending my husband deep glared who stared back at him feeling accomplished.

I slowly got off the floor, making my way towards the barrier. "I can't undo the barrier, but what I can do is try to find Bonnie and convince her." I said, walking out of the barrier before Klaus could stop me.

"Love, you are not going anywhere." He said, as I turned my head to look over at him. "They'd kill you, just to kill me."

His words made me freeze because I knew it was true. Even if killing Klaus meant killing me they'd do it. Whether I'm their blood or not. They would do it, wouldn't they?

I sent him a small smile. "I'll handle it."

"Love! I said you will not go anywhere!" He called out, as I continued to make my way towards the door. "Ella!" I heard him shout on the top of his lungs, as I shut the door behind myself.

My eyes closed tightly, letting out a breath before vamp speeding away from the Gilbert household.

⚜️⚜️⚜️