Chapter 24

Several weeks later, Natalia found herself back in the Bayern Munich office in a conference room with Cat and Naomi, post it notes and papers with arrows clung all around the room. Natalia blew a loose strand of hair out of her face as she carefully pinned the last of her plan on the wall.

They were working on analyzing the players' blood test results and coordinating it with their meal plans, away games, and various other fundraisers.

Cat and Naomi were both circling the room looking for inconsistencies.

This was the part of the job Natalia enjoyed—it was like solving a puzzle. Figuring out who's levels meant what, and what the plan of attack was. Obviously the players were in immaculate condition—they were professional athletes. Their bodies were molded to playing sport, and most of them had been watching their meals since they were children.

Natalia stood back and admired her work—translating the German was a challenge, but once she got past the language barrier, she was in her element.

"Well done, Natalia," Naomi said with a smile, "Gets work on getting these in folders and make sure the interns get to making digital copies and add them to the data base."

"Sure thing," Natalia said smiling herself. The process had taken them almost a week—much of the rest of the office was not thrilled about giving up their conference room.

"So..." Cat starting with a sly smirk growing on her face after Naomi left the room to join a conference call.

"So?" Natalia asked raising an eyebrow in her direction, adding each players report to a personalized manila envelope.

"How's Thomas," Cat said glancing up at her face.

"Thomas is good," Natalia responded, "I haven't talked to him much since the whole Brian incident." She admitted

"Oh? Why's that?" Cat asked her face dropping a little.

"Well he admitted he wanted to ask out a girl on his floor, and I think they've been seeing quite a bit of each other. I think he wants his space," Natalia said, feeling a strange nagging sensation, accompanied by overwhelming discomfort.

"And you're okay with this?" Cat asked, as Natalia avoided eye contact.

"No," she said shortly, pausing to look up at her friend. "But I'm also not going to sabotage his relationship."

"Girls?" Naomi walked back into the room, her hand over the receiver of her phone, "They want an update on the Valentines Day fundraiser."

"I'll take it," Natalia said, picking up the landline in the conference room, and pulling up her notes on her laptop.

Cat continued to clean up around her quietly, as Natalia gave a brief status report to the planning committee. She had sent in a few meal plans that were appropriate, and had spoken back and forth with the caterers before settling on the "perfect" dinner plan.

The planning committee seemed pleased, when she finished her short speech.

"Will we be seeing you and Miss. Gatz at the event?" the head of the organizational committee asked.

"I believe so," Natalia answered, glancing up at Cat before bidding them goodbye.

"What are you going to wear?" Natalia asked with a sigh and began helping Cat arrange the envelopes into boxes that could be easily sorted through by the interns.

"Probably something from Zuhair Murad's fall collection, my sister got a hook up again," Cat said with a smile.

"Would you like me to pick you something?" she said innocently.