Chapter 26

Naomi had exchanged words with Natalia and Cat after the last fundraiser, since they both raised concerns of being in an environment where they were more susceptible to male attention, and they were not quite comfortable with that.

She acknowledged their concerns and told them they were more than welcome to attend, and their presence would be greatly appreciated, but if they truly felt at risk they did not have to.

In the end, Natalia and Cat decided to attend together, again, and this time stuck to plain, simple dresses they found in H&M and Asos. They strayed away from gowns this time and got similar knee-length cocktail dresses.

Cat wore a black wiggle dress with a wrap back and slit front. Natalia wore a blue pencil dress with a V Neck and batwing sleeves. Together they looked chic, and simple.

When they arrived, they tried to make a beeline for the ballroom (and the bar), but they were ushered on the red carpet.

"Cat! Natalia!" voices called around them as they looked at each other, worriedly.

"You always look so good together," a woman with a Bild microphone interjected, much to Natalia's displeasure, "How do you do it?"

Natalia looked at Cat who quickly shot back, "It's easy. The same way it's easy for you to spin lies about us," with a pretty smile, before tugging Natalia away.

Natalia's mouth dropped open in a delighted but shocked smile, as they walked arm in arm down the rest of the red carpet, earning applause and more questions from some onlookers, but weren't bothered by anyone else.

"Cat! Nat!" Bastian called from across the room, laughing at his own joke, earning a smack from Sarah, who this time accompanied him.

"You girls look gorgeous," she greeted them placing kisses on their cheeks, as they took in her gorgeous gown. She was dressed in pale blue, accentuating her waist...and baby bump?

Natalia and Cat both noticed at the same time and looked at the couple, who looked back beaming.

"How long—"

"When did you—"

"Congratulations!" The girls finally said together hugging both of them all over again, stunned at their friends' good fortunes.

"So she didn't tell you either?" Anna Lewandowska, said sauntering over to them, wearing a gorgeous red chiffon gown, Robert trailing behind her, looking mesmerized by his stunning wife.

"They did not," Cat admitted, greeting the striking couple.

"You look beautiful, love," Anna said kissing Sarah's cheek, as the men exchanged their own congratulations and handshakes.

"This calls for a drink!" Robert's voice boomed, attracting the attention of the majority of the players.

"To old friends, and to new. To new beginnings, and to a wonderful international break," he toasted as the crowd cheered and sipped their champagne delicately.

"What did I miss?!" a very late Thomas Müller said walking into the semi circle they created.

"Schweini knocked up Sarah," Philipp said, earning a glare from his wife.

"No!" Thomas said in disbelief, his eyes flickering down to Sarah's baby bump,

"Congratulations!!!" he yelled loudly, first kissing Sarah and then practically smothering Bastian with a hug, much to the pleasure of the surrounding company.