Chapter Eighteen

"The sun is a bitch."

"FRIDAY, black out curtains, please."

"Yes, Agent Romanoff."

"Even Tony's robot people can't stop your name from sounding hot as hell." You mumbled into the pillow, and you doubted she heard you until she laughed.

"Speaking of Stark, he came by and stole Alex."

"Oh my god, I knew my friend was made of gold, but I'd never guess Tony would be such a greedy billionaire."

"He came for you, but Alex was up, so he switched from wanting to talk about your spinners to wanting to talk art and introduce them to Pepper."

"Now I want Alex to steal Pepper from him," You giggled into the comforter, peeking out of it at her with crinkles next to your eyes as you laughed, "Imagine though. Alex Potts. It'd be all over the news, Tony's ego would be so bruised."

"These the things you think about after waking up?" She mused and you shrugged before noticing she was dressed.

"What time is it? And," You lifted yourself a bit to ask, glancing around, "Where's the dragon?"

"If you mean Porky, he's with Wanda." She smirked, lifting a cup of something steamy to her lips before taking a drink.

"Wanda," You repeated the name like she was your mortal enemy and you guys were having a face off before you turned your head to see what was in her lap, "You...you made breakfast?"

"I didn't think you'd remember, but I told you last night I would make you some in the morning." She smiled easily, nudging your hip gently until you sat up, "Aw, sweetheart, your hair is like a hedgehog in the morning."

"Is not." You grumbled, rubbing the sleep from your eyes, and blindly reaching out.

She handed you a cup of something hot and it didn't need to be much closer for you to know it was your favorite tea, so you happily took small sips.

"Hungover?" She guessed and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Not really," You sighed, reaching for a piece of toast after subtly trying to maintain your glorious mane, "Just embarrassed because I don't know what I said to you last night."

"You don't remember anything?"

You side glanced her with narrowed eyes, and she didn't seem put off, more just genuinely amused, so you figured it couldn't have been all bad.

"Bits and pieces," You looked down at yourself with a cringe, following her eyeline when she cocked an eyebrow, "Shit, did you see me naked?"

"How else do you have sex?" She deadpanned and you gaped at her.

"No! You're – no!" You shook your head, feeling like you were going to cry as the realization set in because you also couldn't feel any after effects which was incredibly disappointing.

"What's wrong?" She asked, trying not to laugh as you gave her a sobbing face.

"I missed it?? You're telling me we – and I fucking can't remember it?" You were so upset, you felt like your life was over, and then an idea popped into your head, pushing the tray down the bed after she set her fork down to turn to you, "We need to do it right now, you gotta show me what we did because I – fuck, I'm never going to forgive myself for that second bottle of-"

"Sweetheart, calm down!" She laughed, putting her hands on your upper arms, and then smiling as she told you, "I was just kidding, I wouldn't have sex with you while you were drunk, who do you think I am?"