Chapter 19: The Monster and the Spirit

Jules' POV: 

We had some bizarre activity the past week. Contact with Gabriel's location and ear device. It has been popping up ever since... But I know he's dead! He can't be here, and it's not that monster, because that freak has been haunting weeping woods! So I even worry If it is him! We have been working harder and Harder. IO has been busy doing routines here ever since those signals popped up! I do wanna inspect that monster.

It may be risky, but I could do It. If I approach it with caution I COULD! I grabbed some of my stuff before leaving. I also stuffed a notepad in my bag. I grabbed a boat and left the Authority. Once I made my way to weeping. I saw How abandoned it looked. Empty... as if nobody wants to be here. I put on the tracking device and... I saw two... How can there be two? I quickly followed the signals.

I was a long way. But I just ran. I went for it... and! nothing... The signals disappeared for a brief moment before coming back. I kept following it before the signal stopped. "Come on, Come on stupid thing!" I looked at my surroundings. I heard voices. On calm one... and the other distorted. I put away the device and Rushed my way over...

It's Gabriel... IT'S GABRIEL! "I can't... I can't do it... I" "Gabriel, You have to kill the body to gain Immortality. As long as it's alive it's a danger to us all." The rift butterflies speak?? Gabriel seemed to be very against the idea. The Monster stood clueless in front of Gabriel. It looked like him, But more like a tall Wendigo zombie version. "It's pure innocence... That poor thing doesn't even know what it is!" I watched The monster tilt his head sideways as it lowered his head to Gabriel's shoulder. 

I saw Gabriel drop a rift-made knife and hugged the Monster. "You poor thing..." I couldn't... "Gabriel..." I watched his head turn. "Jules! You... Wow... Look at you. You so big." I saw Gabriel let go of the monster. "You're Alive!" I commented. "You can't stay for long tho! IO is after you!" I quickly said. "If they find out you're here! They will not stop until they have you." 

"That's not good. But I can't just leave it here! And I can't kill it either..." I saw Gabriel struggle. Petting the Monster. "Take my hand." I walked over to him a bit scared. "It's okay. He doesn't bite." Gabriel took my hand. Placing it on the monster's soft head. "It's more scared of you than you are of him," Gabriel says softly. "Then what are we going to do with it, Gabriel!" The butterfly seemed consistent. 

"I'm... Gonna put it out of his Misery. By letting it die without pain... Like dying in your sleep." Gabriel said softly. I just petted the beast. "Do you think you can make some type of poison with my blood?" He asked me. "I could try. I never really done biology but- I'll help you." Gabriel said quickly. "I'll stay here. Taking care of it. You'll Gather everything you need Jules. Then we meet here." I understood. "I will do my best. But what is in it for me?" I asked.

"Your father. I can locate him.  If I find him. Even if it means I have to search in the depth of the Zero point. I will, and that's a promise." I looked at him. "You would do that?" I will." I hugged him. "Thank you... Thank you so much, Gabriel..." I felt him hug back. "But until then. We have stuff to do, and mostly keeping IO of our tail." I nodded at Gabriel's words. This is important.

"Now go, Jules. We have no time to lose." Gabriel warned me. Once I made It back to the Authority I got to work. I had a lot to do. I send scavengers to collect items for me. I REALLY didn't want IO's attention right now. Because one wrong move and Gabriel plus the monster are in the hands of IO and I'm not risking it.

Gabriel's POV:

Time seems to pass in seconds. One moment is Monday and the next it's Friday. I really want the best for Jules... The poor kid has gone through enough. I actually didn't wanna pull her into this mess, But I don't have many choices now. Then my senses went into panic mode. I looked back quickly as I heard footsteps I pushed my old Agency earbud into the ground before running off. It was too many for it to be Jules. 

I quickly made my way with the monster to the old abandoned weeping woods campsite. I can't let it die this way. "SEARCH FOR HIM! HE MUST BE HERE!" I Heard yelling from guards. They definitely are not Jules! I hid with the monster in the shop. We quickly made it to the attic of the building and I pulled it upwards. closing the trap door. I Calmed the beast by petting his head. I pulled an old sheet over us.

keeping us hidden. "Shhh... It's going to be okay. I won't let them hurt you. Just be quiet for me." I held the monster's head.  Keeping it close. I heard banging and Loud thuds. Then the trap door was slammed open. "Gabriel Dawn. You have six seconds to show yourself. Will be friendly if you do. Do we have to search for you? We won't be gentle." It was a rough Male voice. And they weren't kind. 

"GUNNAR! I saw DAWN run down the forest path! Come on!" I Heard a man scream as loud thuds followed. Once I was sure they were gone we exited via the roof's window. "come on buddy." I held his hand as I followed the beeping... I found my earbud. I dusted off the dirt and put it in my pocket. We just have to wait for Jules. But in the meantime, we need a place to stay. I took the hand off the beast and started walking with it. 

We needed to get out of here. I started tracking my path. We walked to what was first the agency. Jules had done a lot with the place. How long was I gone for? I quickly made my way over. I got inside together with the monster. I was contemplating. I can't kill this thing... It's me... "Gabriel?! What are you doing here?!" I saw Jules rush over. "I'm here with it. I Can't stand that I have to... kill this thing. "It will be okay. Besides... It will be painless. I promise... How much It pains me to...