Chapter 22: retired Agents

Gabriel's POV

I was busy grilling Burgers when I saw them come down. "I got fresh burgers rad to be eaten! So come on. I saw the youngest ones run. I gave them the burgers and they started eating. Jules stood next to me. She is wearing a two-piece swimsuit. "Nice compression swimsuit Dad." She laughed. "I find them comfortable and my chest would hurt otherwise. I still wear binders for a reason." "You wear binders?" Jules asked me. Okay... Now I needed to explain to her. 

"You see Jules. I was... Born like you." I saw her eyes lit up. "NO WAY! How many surgeries did you have?" "A lot I tell you. But my top surgery went wrong causing me to have lingering fat in my chest. That's why I wear binders when I sport. Or sometimes just female sports... you know... I do find those more comfortable." I said awkwardly. "At least you're not afraid to tell it." 

I smiled. "You wanna know what type of surgery I had besides the standard?" I saw the nod as she ate. "I had my Hips pressed inwards and some of my fat removed to get rid of the female waist I had. I had surgery to get my beard to grow. Just a few male adjustments." "Like a transformer." I laughed at Jules' Joke. "Okay, that's funny. I give you that." I laughed. 

"Thanks... Dad always Used the grill on a hot day. On the deck of the yacht. holding soda and Laughing when he was home. Most of the time Dad always fed his henchmen. I miss him." I looked at her. I had it with my grandfather so I understand her... He was like a father to me. "Your dad was an amazing man. I bet if he was here he would have usered me away from the grill. Don't you think?" 

"He would have told you to sit down and served you the burger on a golden plate!" Jules laughed. I Laughed with her. I looked around and saw Brutus surfing with Skye. "Seems like they are having fun,"  I said. as I made my burger. "Dad used to surf with Brutus during the summer." I smiled at Jules' remark. "You can see that we all miss him." I looked at her. "Will find him. I promise."

"what if we don't? what if Dad is really gone!" "Jules please, I need you to..." "What if Dad is dead I-..." I hugged her. "I need you to calm down okay? I'm here for you." I felt her hug back. "Thanks... Dad." I realized why she called me Dad. It's a coping mechanism... Poor kid... "if you need anything. I'll be there for you and your brother." 

I saw her smile. "Now come on. Let's take a swim." I ate my burger. "The water is warm! And it's nice! I love this!" Jules smiled, "Yeah, It's relaxing." I said. Then I felt being pushed into the water. "TINA!" I saw Tntina laugh as Jules swung her into it. I pushed Water Against Jules and in response, she kicked Water back. This went back and forth as Lorenzo joined. Now the four of us were busy. 

After a while, Jules Lorenzo and I joined Meowcells and Kit in building a sand castle. "It's useful to use buckets,"  Meowcell said as he grabbed more sand. I saw Lorenzo drawing in the sand. "What are you drawing Lorenzo?" I got no answer. Jules walked over. "Hey, Gabriel asked what you're drawing," Jules asked him calmly. "Dad..." I looked at it. It was indeed Midas.

I saw Lorenzo starting to sob. Unlike Jules' panic/Anger outburst. "It's okay shhh..." I hugged him. "I... I miss Dad..." "We all do Renz." Jules talked to him. Poor kids. They're traumatized. Mentally unstable. Just waiting for any sign of their father. Just waiting for a sign of comfort... "How about I tuck you kid into bed? It's getting late. "Dad were 17- that would be nice..." I heard Lorenzo speak. "Come on then." I helped him up. 

"Are you coming, Jules?" "Yeah." She stood up and followed us. I went to Lorenzo's apartment first. Tucking him in. I told him goodnight and I walked with Jules. "Dad stopped tucking us in once we hit the age of 12," Jules told me.  "But I want to do this. For now at least. Once you Kids are comfortable." I saw her look at me. "Thank you. The apartment is nice by the way. My inventions will be for fun only now. Something I wanted for a while."

Jules admits to me as she walks over. Then unlocks her door. We walk up the stairs. I wait outside of her room to get dressed in pajamas before tucking her in. "Goodnight Jules. I turn off her light." "good night... Dad." I turn off the Light and exit the apartment. I head for my own apartment. Well, time for bed. I head for my own bedroom Going to sleep. 

I take off my wet beach clothes and put them on the dry rack outside on my balcony. I then put on my Pajama pants. Turn off the light and step into bed. A good night's sleep is needed. But the bed does feel empty. I actually do miss sleeping with Midas... we shared a bed so he could have eyes on me every hour of the day... Plus the couch grew rather cold and lonely in that underground office...

I roll around a few times. I can't sleep. My mind won't allow me. I miss him. He can't be dead, can he? There is no way. Midas is too stubborn to die. He wouldn't let me die. Then he would definitely not let himself die. I stepped out of bed and started pacing. I can't get my mind off it. Where could he be?! I open my Portal views and I start looking again.

The island. it is Changing faster. The water level is down. Completely I might add. One day here is a few days there. Maybe... Instead of looking on the Island... I need to look for his traces! I need traces! But where!? Perhaps I could use Lorenzo or Jules to track him. Even tho I don't want to do it. It's better for all of our sanity.