Chapter 20

Ryujin and Yeji stood at the entrance of the grand mansion, the place where their journey together began years ago. Ryujin's heart was filled with a mixture of nostalgia and hope as she guided Yeji through the familiar gates. Yeji looked around, a hint of recognition in her eyes, but her memory was still clouded by the amnesia that had plagued her for the past few months.

Inside the mansion, Lia and Chaeryeong were busy with their daily chores. The two maids had always shared a close bond with Yeji, and their laughter echoed through the hallways as they reminisced about the old days. When Ryujin and Yeji stepped into the main hall, Lia and Chaeryeong froze in shock and delight.

"Yeji!" Lia exclaimed, rushing over to embrace her friend. Chaeryeong followed closely behind, her eyes shining with happiness.

"It's so good to see you again!" Chaeryeong said, her voice trembling with emotion. "We've missed you so much."

Yeji smiled faintly, feeling a sense of warmth from their greetings, but there was still a shadow of confusion in her eyes. Ryujin stepped forward, placing a reassuring hand on Yeji's shoulder.

"Yeji has amnesia," Ryujin explained gently. "She doesn't remember everything yet, but I thought seeing familiar faces might help her."

Lia and Chaeryeong exchanged glances, their expressions softening with understanding. They decided to take Yeji on a tour of the mansion, hoping that the memories would start to come back to her. As they walked through the grand halls and beautiful gardens, they shared stories of their time together, the fun they had, and the challenges they overcame.

In the kitchen, they showed Yeji the spot where they used to cooked everyday. In the garden, they pointed out the old oak tree where they would sit and share their dreams and secrets. Each location brought a flicker of recognition to Yeji's eyes, and she began to smile more freely.

As the day went on, small fragments of Yeji's memory began to return. She recalled Lia's infectious laughter and Chaeryeong's gentle nature. She remembered the late-night conversations with Ryujin and the feeling of being part of a family within the mansion's walls.

By the time the sun began to set, Yeji felt a sense of belonging she hadn't felt in months. While her memories were not fully restored, she knew she was surrounded by friends who cared deeply for her. Ryujin, Lia, and Chaeryeong vowed to help Yeji piece together her past, one memory at a time.

Together, they faced the future with hope, knowing that the bonds they had forged years ago would help them overcome any obstacle. And as they stood together in the fading light, they knew that their reunion was just the beginning of a new chapter in their shared story.

The hours slipped away as Ryujin, Yeji, Lia, and Chaeryeong immersed themselves in memories and laughter. The warm glow of the setting sun filtered through the mansion's grand windows, casting a nostalgic light over the room. Suddenly, the door opened, and Madam Rei, Ryujin's mother and the mansion's owner, stepped in.

Madam Rei's eyes widened in surprise as she saw Yeji. Without hesitation, she rushed forward and enveloped Yeji in a tight embrace.

"Yeji! My dear, where have you been? What happened to you?" Madam Rei's voice was filled with concern and relief.

Yeji stiffened, not recognizing the woman holding her. She looked to Ryujin for an explanation, her confusion evident.

"Mother," Ryujin began gently, "Yeji doesn't remember you. She... she has amnesia. It was caused by an accident when she was kidnapped."

Madam Rei pulled back slightly, her eyes filled with shock and sorrow. "Amnesia? Kidnapped? Who could do such a thing?"

Ryujin hesitated, glancing at Yeji before continuing. "We're still trying to piece everything together, but we have some suspects."