25. 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓

♪✰❄︎𖤍❄︎✰♪

𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀

As Travis dropped me off at the grand mansion, he raised an eyebrow. "Whose place is this?"

"Kyle invited me to study at his place since the library is closed today," I replied.

Travis' expression turned skeptical. "How can you trust him? He's a guy, after all. He might try something." I chuckled, shaking my head. "Kyle is not a playboy like you, Travis. He's different."

Travis fell silent, looking unconvinced, but eventually nodded. "Just don't stay too late, okay? Come home early."

I nodded and watched as Travis drove away before turning to face the mansion. I took a deep breath and stepped inside, calling out a greeting as I entered.

A middle-aged woman appeared, smiling warmly. "Ah, you must be Luna! Welcome, dear." I nodded, and she led me to the living room, gesturing for me to sit. "I'll call Kyle for you. Make yourself comfortable."

As I settled in, my eyes landed on two adorable cats sleeping beside the chair. I squealed in delight, squatting down to pet them. "Oh, they're so cute!"

The cats opened their eyes, and I cooed, "Wow, they're beautiful!"

Just then, Kyle arrived, smiling as he took in the scene. "Ah, I see you've met the fur babies!"

I looked up, still holding the smaller cat. "They're amazing! I love cats, I've always wanted one as a pet."

Kyle chuckled.

"Well, you're welcome to play with them anytime. Do you like her?" he asked, nodding towards the cat in my arms.

I grinned. "She's adorable! What's her name?"

"Her name is Nova, actually." Kyle said with a smile. "And the other one is Cleo."

I laughed, feeling a connection to the cat and the moment. "That's perfect. I feel like we're already best friends!"

We settled in and started chatting about the latest book releases. Kyle mentioned he had just gotten a few new ones from Amazon, and I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Ooh, can I see!" I said, leaning in eagerly.

Kyle smiled and started showing me the titles on his phone. "I got this one, and this one... and I couldn't resist this one either."

I squealed as I saw each title, my eyes widening with excitement. "No way! I've been dying to read. I've been dying to read that one since I heard about it! I didn't know it was out already!"

He smiled, "Yeah, me too! I just got it yesterday."

I asked where the book was, and he said it was in his room, but he wanted to show me around the house first. I agreed, and as we stood up, the cat clung to my arms, refusing to let go. "Seems like she likes you." He said with a chuckle.

"I know, right? Can I take her with me?" He nodded, and we explored the house together, the cat still in my arms. Finally, we settled down in his room, and I sat on the couch, still holding the cat.

Kyle went to his mini shelves and returned with the books. I immediately got up, dropped the cat, and rushed to him. He handed me the book, and I stared at it in awe, smiling charmingly. "I'll be sure to read it fast and return it so you can read it too."

Kyle smiled and said, "Don't worry, I got two pairs of each book. You can keep it."

I was overjoyed, and without thinking, I grabbed his hand, giggling and saying thank you. I quickly released his hand, feeling a bit embarrassed.