Chapter 8: Lockdown Duel

Yusei and (Y/N) were escorted by 4 guards, two for each. They were walking until they reached to Chief Armstrong's office. One of the guards opened the door and there stood the warden of the Facility... Chief Takasu Armstrong. Very large and wide, Armstrong is a massive and sadistic man with a distinctive booming voice. He seems to have muscular arms but a fat and slightly overhanging belly, and a generally stocky overall appearance. He was wearing his uniform only his sleeves were completely rolled up.

"So how do you like The Facility so far boys? I'm sure it smells better than what you're used to back at Satellite, as does my anchovy- and-onion breath, don't you think?" Armstrong blew in Yusei's and (Y/N)'s face. They both recoiled in disgust.

'That's just nasty.' (Y/N) thought.

Armstrong went over to Yusei and gripped his right arm, searching for some something. "Rumor has it that you might be hiding something, and it's my job to find out if you are. The Chief pushed Yusei to a couple of other officers, "Go to the lab and run your tests! Find out what this punk's hiding!"

The two guards then took him away only leaving (Y/N) with Armstrong and the other guards.

"What are you going to do with him?" (Y/N) shouted.

"Don't worry about him. Worry about yourself. As for you, I want to talk to ya about something." Armstrong said.

"About what?" (Y/N) asked.

"That duel you and Yusei had. Seems like you two are the talk of the trash recently.

"Yeah, me and Yusei Tanner in a duel."

"Yeah, yeah, so you beat Tanner in a duel, so what? Scum is still scum. Don't matter whatcha do here. As long as you're here in the Facility, you'll always be scum. That's what I plan on beating into you."

"Oh, I'm so scared; I don't know what to do." (Y/N) said sarcastically.

"Keep it up boy, because you're going to get a full beating. And that's by dueling yours truly." Armstrong said with a booming voice.

"A duel?"

"Yeah, that's right, a duel. My word is the law here and if you don't comply, then it's unconditional defeat. Tell you what, I'll make a deal with ya. If you win, then I'll halve the sentence of the other prisoners and I'll let you and that punk Yusei go. Buuut, if you lose... then you and Yusei will be put in lockdown for good. What do you think of that? Nice huh?"

"Yeah, sounds nice, but I think I got a better deal. We'll have a duel alright, but here's the thing. If you win, then everyone in the Facility goes in permanent lockdown, but if I win, everyone in this Facility is going free with a clean slate. If you don't agree to it, then it's an automatic win for me. Everyone is going free."

"Heh... Alright fine. You got a deal. Oh, forgot that have no cards on ya. You threw them away. Alright, I'll give ya a break. Go collect cards so you can at least duel. And don't even think about getting Tanner and the old man's deck because theirs is confiscated." (Y/N) growled at that.

"Fine, also I'll add this. If I win, then you give back all the cards that you've confiscated from the prisoners. And I mean ALL of them!"

"Fine. We duel tonight at 8:30 sharp at The Hive! That'll give ya enough time to get some cards. Don't be late!"

"I'll be there."

"Take him back to his cell!" Armstrong ordered and the two guards escorted him out of the office.

(Y/N) went back into his cell where Yanagi was.

"Are you okay?" Yanagi asked.

"Yeah. The Chief wanted to talk to me is all. I heard the guards confiscated your cards."