Chapter 17: The Fortune Cup Begins!

For the next week, (Y/N) and Yusei have been preparing themselves for the Fortune Cup. They modified their duel runners to maximize their speed and they also modified their decks as well. Also, (Y/N) had been working on a small project recently. Thanks to the smart brain he had, he was able to finish making a custom hybrid duel disk that could work for ground and turbo duels and also reflect on what theme his deck has.

"Awesome! It's finished!" (Y/N) said putting the final touches on it. "So Yusei, how does it look?" He asked showing it to him. It was only the circular part of the disk. It was white and on the top was a white Haos symbol that covered the top entirely and in the middle of the symbol was the life point counter.

"Where are the monster zones?" Yusei asked confused.

"Ah, that's where this comes in." (Y/N) said holding out his deck. He inserted the deck inside the deck slot and then the monster zones came out of the circular part of the disk. The monster zones were white with silver edges and each zone looked like an angel wing. Not to mention that the zones spread out like angel wings. Then the monster zones move to the front of the circular part of the disk and snap together in the middle.

"Nice!" Yusei smiled with approval.

"I know right? And watch this." (Y/N) said as he took his deck out of the disk and monster zones went in reverse. It separated in the middle, pulls back to the circular part, and folds right back inside the duel disk leaving only the circular part of the disk showing the Haos symbol.

"Nice!" He said with approval as well.

"Well, we better get to the Fortune Cup. We can't be late for that now can we?"

Later...

We now turn our attention to the Kaiba Dome, the grand stage of where the Fortune Cup is about to take place. The stadium was filled with thousands of spectators wanting to watch non-stop duels. Meanwhile, in a corridor, Yusei, (Y/N), Leo, Luna, Dexter, Yanagi and Tanner were there. Leo was disguising himself as Luna and is wearing her clothes too. Luna was wearing a yellow hat and an orange jacket to hide her identity from the crowds.

"So how do I look?" Leo asked.

"You're as good a Luna, as Luna as." Yanagi said.

"I don't know. This is a really bad idea Leo." (Y/N) said with a sweat drop.

"Oh c'mon! Luna doesn't want to duel so I'm dueling for her."

"Look, I really appreciate looking after your sister and all, but it really is a bad idea. What will happen if your cover gets blown anyways?"

"They won't know the difference!"

"Okay guys, stop arguing." Yusei said being the moderator.

"I still think that this is a bad idea." (Y/N) muttered.

"You've made your point and so did Leo, let's just get to the stadium alright?" Yusei sighed.

"Fine." They both said and Leo, (Y/N), and Yusei were about to leave until...

"Wait." Luna said. The three guys looked back at her.

"What is it?" (Y/N) asked.

"I... I want to duel." Luna said boldly. This surprised everyone.

"Seriously?" Dexter asked not believing what he was hearing.

"Are my ears hearing right?" Yanagi asked.

"Are you crazy Luna? You said that you don't want to duel!" Leo exclaimed.

"I know, but... I might as well get it over with right? The sooner, the better. But there's still the fact that I'm too scared to duel."