Chapter 24: Fortune Cup Finale!

"Nnngh! Come on, open up!" Nervin shouted as he tried to pry at the seams of a box. Ever since Yusei and (Y/N) left Satellite, the group has been captured by strange men and now they are contained in a large cargo container.

"Knock it off, Nervin. It's not gonna budge." Blitz said annoyed.

"Hey come on, let us outta here already!" Nervin shouted and then he gave up and turned to his friends. "Any of you guys see who those thugs were?"

"I couldn't see anything; I was so scared I had my eyes closed!"

"I wish they'd feed us." Rally groaned. "Or at the very least tell us what we're doing in here!"

Meanwhile, Yusei and (Y/N) met up with Tanner and the others.

"Okay guys, I think it's time that you guys get out of here." (Y/N) said.

"What are you talking about?" Leo asked.

"Look, things have been pretty hectic out here and I think things are about to get more dangerous. Especially with this Signer stuff going on around here." Yusei said concerned. "Which is why you guys need to get out of here now. Just head towards Blister's place and don't stop for anyone or anything."

"Well, okay then, you heard Yusei. Let's get going." Yanagi said to the twins and Dexter getting up from his seat. "Follow me and stay close behind." He said. Yanagi lead with Tanner, Leo, Luna, and Dexter following as they left their seats.

"Think they'll be okay?" (Y/N) asked.

"I hope so." Yusei said. Then Yusei's mark started glowing. He winced at the stinging pain as he rolled up his right sleeve and saw his mark. When the glowing stopped, the mark stayed where it was. It was now permanent.

"You okay man?" (Y/N) asked and then he saw Yusei's now permanent mark. "Well, looks like you won't be getting that off anytime soon."

"Yeah. But right now, I need to talk with Goodwin."

"You just read my mind." (Y/N) replied as they looked at the tower where Goodwin was in.

As Tanner and the others entered the hallway, several security guards, blocked their path.

"Stop right there." One guard said.

"Oh great, not now." Dexter groaned.

"You weren't planning to leave, were you?" a new voice chuckled as Lazar showed up.

"And what if we are?" Tanner scoffed.

"Well, Director Goodwin would like you to stay and enjoy the rest of the tournament." The Vice-Director chuckled.

"Well, you tell Goodwin that we're sick of him telling people what to do!"The former-pro grabbed Lazar by the front of his blazer and lifted him into the air and Lazar didn't stop smirking anytime soon.

"Temper, temper." Lazar waggled his finger. "Did you hear about Yusei and (Y/N)'s friends?" Lazar giggled. Tanner, looking stunned, knowing exactly where this was going. He roughly dropped Lazar. "I heard that they went missing a few days ago." the Vice-Director scoffed as he straightened his jacket. "I hope nothing bad happens to them. So I think it would be best if you return to your seats now!"

Meanwhile, Trudge entered the tower to speak to Goodwin.

"Director? Look, sir, there's something I've gotta say. It's my official position that you need to stop this tournament." He protested.

"I thought your 'official position' was mall security." Goodwin replied, taking a sip of wine from the glass in his hand.

"Very funny. But I feel this tournament is cursed or something! And things might get worse!"