Chapter 36: the Truth Shall Set You Free

We last let off with Crow managing to defeat Greiger and now Yusei was on his way to the Giant Tower and face his friend Kalin, followed closely by (Y/N), Crow, Leo, Luna and Trudge.

'Yusei, Kalin... It looks like you two are about to finally settle things.' Crow thought.

"I wonder if Yusei's going to be okay." Luna said worried.

"Yusei will win for sure! I know it!" Leo assured her sister.

"Yeah. After knocking some sense into Yusei about dueling Kalin, I'm sure he'll win." (Y/N) assured Luna as well. Luna nodded at this, but she was still worried. 'Yusei will win this duel. He's got the confidence to finally to set the record straight with Kalin.' The Haos Duelist thought. Meanwhile, at the tower, Kalin, who has been waiting at the tower and anticipating Yusei's arrival, spots him in the distance, as Yusei notices him around the same time.

"You've arrived Yusei." Kalin said with an evil smirk as he revs the engines of his duel runner, before speeding head on in front of Yusei. Both boys swerve their duel runners to one side, avoiding collision.

"Kalin!" Yusei said.

"It would seem that now is the time for us to settle the scores! The last duel of The Enforcers, the one that never was completed back then!" Kalin maniacally laughed.

"Last Duel..." Yusei muttered as he remembered the day where everything went wrong for the Enforcers and for Kalin.

Flashback

He recalled the assembled members of Team Satisfaction standing in a desolate, ruined building in Satellite, while the rain poured down outside. Kalin walked over and threw his arms around his teammates with a sadistic smirk.

"I'm glad you're all here!" he laughed, stalking over to a window and glaring out. "This is the definite last duel of The Enforcers!" Outside, a virtual army of Sector Security stood assembled, armed with duel disks, guns and duel runners. Later, the team had split up and the blood-stained Kalin was standing over the dead Security officer, when, Yusei tackled him from the side. The two fell to the ground in a whirling heap of fists and kicking feet. Finally, he remembered how Kalin had been dragged into a Security paddy wagon, watching the Security captain pat Yusei on the shoulder. "Yusei!" the pale-blue haired boy screamed, thrashing against his Security captors before being hurled into the wagon...

End Flashback

"It's time to get this started!" Kalin declared, throwing off his cloak as his Giant Mark blazed with energy, the corresponding Nazca Line forming on the earth around them in purple fire. "This will be the last duel! I shall kick you into the inferno of vengeance from the depths of death!"

"I'll save you, Kalin!"

"Can you?" Kalin asked rhetorically. "FI-RUDO MAHO! SUPIDO WARUDO! SETTO ON!" He yelled as he pressed a button on his runner.

"DUEL MODE. AUTO-PILOT ON. STAND BY."

The words 'DUEL MODE' appeared on both screens then showed the duelists' playing field, speed counters, and life points. A purple aura shot out of the runners. Yusei and Kalin maneuvered their runners so that they are facing in the same directions while being next to each other.

"Yusei, you still haven't given up on Kalin have you?" Crow muttered to himself.

Both runners then sped off.

"RIDING DUEL, ACCELERATION!"

Yusei: 4000/SPC: 0

Kalin: 4000/SPC: 0