Chapter 18: War with Spirits

(Y/N) was walking in the hallways of the stadium until he came up to the duelist lounge. The doors opened and the sight of Yusei and Luna greeted him first.

"Hey (Y/N), that was an amazing duel!" Luna said running up to him. Yusei followed by walking towards him.

"Thanks! I told ya I was gonna wipe the track with Trudge." (Y/N) said.

"That duel oughta put Trudge in his place, finally. And that mini speech you just said before you beat him, I couldn't have said it better myself." Yusei smirked.

"Yeah, that Trudge was just a pain in the butt."

"Well Luna, It's your turn now." Yusei said.

"That's right; your match against Greiger is coming up soon. We better head over to the duel arena." (Y/N) said.

"Okay. I just hope I can get over my fear of dueling in front of a lot of people." Luna said with a little anxiety in her voice. (Y/N) then knelt on one knee at her level and faced her.

"That's why I'm coming with ya. I'll be standing next to ya during the entire duel cheering you on. You don't have to worry about anything."

"...Thanks." Luna smiled a little bit.

"And before we go, there's something I want to give ya." (Y/N) said as he took put of his pocket, three duel monster cards and gave it to Luna too.

"What is it?" Luna asked.

"Just a little something to help ya out in your duel. I found those in some card packs I bought at a card shop and I really don't need them. So they should help ya out." Luna looked at the cards her friend gave. She smiled and then shuffled it into her deck.

"Thanks." Luna grinned.

"Hey, it's what friends do. Now let's get going." (Y/N) said and then he and the girl walked out of the duelists' lounge and went on their way to the arena.

At the KaibaDome...

"WELCOME BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO THE FORTUNE CUP! MOMENTS BEFORE, WE WITNESSED (Y/N) (L/N) DEFEAT OFFICER TETSU TRUDGE IN AN INTENSE TURBO DUEL! AND IT WAS QUICK IF I MAY ADD. BUT NOW, IT'S TIME FOR OUR FIRST GROUND DUEL!" The MC announced. "COMING TO US STRAIGHT FROM THE TOPS, OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE HALF-PINT OF WONDER, LITTLE MISS LUNA!"

Luna rose into the arena on a hydraulic platform along with (Y/N). She was feeling a little nervous.

"Nervous?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yeah." Luna answered shyly.

"Don't worry, like I said, I'll be right next to ya, the whole time. You got this." (Y/N) said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Right." With that encouragement, Luna was able to pull herself together.

"HOPING TO TAKE HER DOWN, THE WALL OF WALLOP, THE TOWER OF POWER, GREIGER!" Greiger appeared the same way; he was a tall South American man, with long dark brown hair and stern features. He wore a brown vest something like a plate of armor and white trousers, his skin was darkly tanned and his eyes were a dark blue, "ALRIGHT CHILDREN. PLAY NICE. NOW LET'S SHAKE THOSE HANDS!" the duelists shook.

"It's really nice to meet you Mr. Greiger." Luna said.

"Same here." Greiger said and he looked at (Y/N). "(Y/N), was it?"

"Yes."

"I just wanna say, that little speech you made during your turbo duel, I couldn't have said it better myself." Greiger said.

"That's what Yusei told me, but thanks. It means a lot." (Y/N) smiled and the two shook hands as well. Then they told their respective places.

"OKAY DUELISTS, ACTIVATE YOUR DUEL DISKS!" The MC announced. The two duelists participating activated them.