Chapter 20: Truth of the Black Rose

Yusei, who won his last duel against Shira, parked his runner in the garage. He then walked on his way to the duelist lounge. After a few minutes, the doors to the lounge opened and there he was greeted by (Y/N) and Greiger.

"Hey Yusei! That was a great duel! You got me scared for a minute there, but you won! Congrats!" (Y/N) congratulated.

"Same here. Congratulations on your duel." Greiger added.

"Thanks you two." Yusei said and then looked at the screen. "Now we gotta watch this final duel and it will all be over."

Elsewhere in the KaibaDome, a young man was sitting in front of a computer, with mountains of books stacked around him.

"Disciplinary issues in school, destructive behavior, telekinetic abilities... interesting. Very interesting."

Then, Vice-Director Lazar entered. "Commander Koda, your duel's starting soon."

"Will you leave me alone? I'm still compiling data. I've got 1872 duels to analyze before I can complete my Black Rose Profile."

"Don't let us down." Lazar advised. "The Director is counting on you."

"He won't be disappointed. Because after I duel the Black Rose, we'll know without a doubt whether she is a Signer or not."

"WELCOME BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO OUR LAST QUARTER FINAL ROUND! I HOPE YOU PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO HOLD OUT FOR ONE LAST EXCITING DUEL! AND NOW ENTERING THE ARENA IS THE DUEL DETECTIVE COMMANDER KODA!" The detective rose into the arena on a hydraulic platform with his duel disk and deck ready.

"AND HIS OPPONENT, WITH A RECORD OF... WELL, IT APPEARS WE DON'T HAVE ANY RECORDS OF HER! BUT WE CAN SAY SHE'S... UM... UH... Are you saying we have no information on her?"The MC hissed the last part to a staff member beside him. "UH... WELL, NEW DOMINO CITY, LET'S HEAR IT FOR MS. AKIZA IZINSKI!" Akiza rose up on a hydraulic platform exactly as Koda had.

Luna for someone cried out in pain as she held on to her arm.

"What's wrong?" Leo asked.

"It's her deck... it's like I can feel it in pain..."

Elsewhere in the stadium, on the central level of the stands, a man in a brown trench coat stood, his crimson red hair styled in strange bangs that partially covered the left side of his face. 'Show them what you're made of.' his lips curved into a smirk.

"OKAY DUELIST! LET'S GET THIS DUEL STARTED! ACTIVATE YOUR DUEL DISKS!" The MC announced. Both duelists did as they were told and then both drew their hands.

"DUEL!"

Akiza: 4000

Koda: 4000

"I hope you don't mind, but ladies first. Watashi no ta-n! Doro!" Akiza stated as she drew her sixth card. "I start with my Phoenixian Seed in attack mode!" Uprooting from the ground, a dark red seed appeared with red leaves growing from the top and roots from the bottom. Suddenly, it opened its eyes to reveal a beige eye. (2) (ATK: 800/DEF: 0) "And then, by sending it to the graveyard, I can summon Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis!" Then, the seed started to grow to immense size, into a large plant monster with golden branches hanging from the side, crimson leaves up top and finally a head in the shape of a phoenix. (8) (ATK: 2200/DEF: 0)

"Well, would you look at that." Koda complimented. "It appears that our Black Rose happens to have a green-thumb, doesn't she?"

But Akiza ignored him and concluded with, "It's your turn."

"A POWERFUL START BY MISS IZINSKI!" the MC announced. "WILL THE PROFILER COUNTERACT, OR BE UPROOTED HIMSELF?"

"Not a bad move..." the Commander started his turn."But entirely predictable because I've been studying you, Akiza Izinski. I know your every card, your every move. Your past is a crime-scene and I'm just following the clues until I bring you down. And it begins with two copies of Fiend's Sanctuary! That allows me to summon two Metal Fiend Tokens to the field in attack mode!" In two flashes of light, two small monsters made up of silver ball bearings appeared. (1) (ATK: 0/DEF: 0) x2