Chapter 21: Fighting For Justice

We last left where The Black Rose, er-hem, I mean... Akiza Izinski has defeated Commander Koda, the Dueling Detective. Most of the audience was still shaken up by what just took place. But after Akiza left the dueling area, everyone relaxed. Yusei and (Y/N) were at the stands with their friends.

"Well, this day of craziness has finally end... for now." (Y/N) said.

"Yeah. But who knows what's in store for tomorrow." Yusei wondered. Luna was thinking the same thing too as she glanced at her arm that bore her mark of the Crimson Dragon.

"What's wrong, Luna?" Yanagi asked, "Hurt your arm during the duel?"

"Yeah, you keep looking at it like you're expecting to see something." Dexter added.

"It's fine, I promise."

"If you say so." Yusei said. "Now, I think it's time to get you two home."

"Have fun babysitting them." Tanner teased.

"Alright!" Leo cheered. "We'll have an all-night dueling sleepover!"

"I don't know about all-night dueling, but a sleepover sounds good." (Y/N) laughed a little.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" the MC announced from the sphere, "THE SECOND ROUND HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED! CHECK OUT THE COMPETITION BRACKET!" The tournament showed the four duelists who will be dueling against each other. But (Y/N) was in shock when he saw who he'll duel tomorrow. Even his friends gasped at what they saw on the bracket.

Yusei Fudo vs. Greiger

Akiza Izinski vs. (Y/N) (L/N)

"No way..." (Y/N) gasped.

"That tournament bracket must be broken or something!" Leo protested.

"Apparently not. (Y/N) is really gonna duel Akiza!" Luna said.

"WHO KNOWS WHAT KIND OF EXCITEMENT AWAITS! WHO WILL WIN? WHO WILL LOSE? 4 DUELISTS, 2 ROUNDS! WHO WILL IT BE? THINGS ARE GONNA GET REAL CRAZY! SEE YA' TOMORROW!" then the screen went blank, concluding today of the Fortune Cup preliminaries.

"And Yusei is going up against Greiger." Dexter said.

"Looks like you'll be Turbo Dueling." Tanner told Yusei.

"It's that bad?"

"You bet, because rumors on the circuit said Greiger's got a new duel runner he's gonna be using. It's supposed to be unbeatable."

Hearing that, Leo got nervous. 'I can't let Greiger win...' he thought, 'Oh, if I can sneak into his garage before the match, I can see what he's got planned and tell Yusei!'

"Uh, are you okay?" Luna asked, spotting the expression on Leo's face.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah! Fine! I, uh, just left something! Somewhere else! Be right back!" Leo quickly went on his way out.

"Where are you going?" (Y/N) asked.

"Oh! You know! The place with the, uh... Oh! Look at the time! Gotta go!" he made his exit before any more questions can be made.

"Leo? ...This can't be good."

Later on that night...

Leo was sneaking around in the Kaiba Dome garage area. That's when he noticed Greiger's garage.

"Greiger's garage! Time to check out that super-secret runner of his."

Leo noticed an open window around the building of Greiger's garage. Even when it took about five crates to climb up, he managed to reach the window, "Almost there; just a few more inches and I'm in..." he really did get in, but only by plummeting on the floor after slipping through.