Chapter 31: Gathering of the Signers

At the Sector Security headquarters, (Y/N), after getting new clothes which were still the same by the way, Yusei, Akiza, and Mina were watching a series of videos on a computer screen, each displaying a different person using psychic abilities in a variety of ways. The four looked on as a brown-haired boy played a Hinotama Spell Card, the resulting fireball incinerating a target dummy before he collapsed, screaming in pain as a surge of electricity ran through him. Akiza looked away, uncomfortable. "We found these video clips and other important records in the Arcadia Movement yesterday." Mina explained. "There were details recorded concerning the children abducted by the Movement, and the live testing conducted in their facility."

"He was kidnapping children for this?" (Y/N) growled under his breath. "Guy's a complete monster..."

'Abducted children?' Akiza thought. 'Live testing?' She remembered Misty accusing her. 'Was Misty's brother one of them...?'

Mina sighed. "The Public Security Maintenance Bureau conducted an investigation into the Arcadia Movement, but these records will be powerful supporting evidence. Sayer picked those with heightened abilities and formulated a plan to refine their abilities for use outside dueling. Then he planned to send them into war-torn regions as soldiers, to fight his war against the rest of humanity for the discrimination Psychic Duelists suffered. Akiza... you were one of them..." She showed Akiza the list on a holographic pad and sure enough, she was on it. Akiza gave a gasp of horror, turning and running out. "You can turn your eyes and cover your ears!" Mina shouted after the Signer. "But it won't change the truth! Sayer was only trying to use you for your powers!" Then Akiza was gone.

'But then again, she still may care about him...' (Y/N) thought as he ran after Akiza. The Haos Duelist found Akiza standing in an empty room staring out a huge window looking at the city. Her face had an expression that she just couldn't believe it. (Y/N) walked up to her. "Akiza..." (Y/N) murmured.

"All this time, I thought he actually cared about me." she murmured with her head down and her eyes closed with sorrow. "Sayer accepted me; he gave me a home when I had nowhere to go. His existence was invaluable to me..."

"All that caring he did was for the wrong reasons Akiza. He played on your feelings. He took all your sorrow, your sadness, your pain, and tried to turn that all into rage and hatred so you could do his bidding."

"Still..."

"But I understand." (Y/N) said, making Akiza turn to him in surprise. "It's fine. I'm not going to reject you; I have no right to deny anyone. The one thing I'm sure of is that there are people who trust you, and who need you right now."

"(Y/N)..." As she spoke, he pulled back his sleeve to bare the Body Mark of the Dragon. "We're friends Akiza. I care about you. He said softly. "Psychic duelist, Signer... or neither..."

"Friends." she agreed, laying a hand over her own Mark. She then gasped when the Haos Duelist made a daring move of wrapping his arms around her, embracing her. She was surprised of what he just did, but then she returned the hug, feeling safe.

Soon, all of the Signers got in a limousine and after about half an hour, they arrived at Goodwin's island. Everyone got out of the limousine and was at the entrance of Goodwin's mansion.

"Wow. This place is huge. So this is where Goodwin lives?" Leo asked. Just then, the doors of the mansion opened to reveal Goodwin walking towards them.

"I have been expecting you." Goodwin said and stopped in front of the group as soon as he was outside the door. "Welcome Signers, one and all. I've waited a long time for this moment. It is with great honor to welcome you to my home." He bowed.