Chapter 29: The Fall of Arcadia, Part 2

As Carly lay there, she gasped as blinding pink light enveloped both her and her cards, the cards beginning to change... All across the city, the ground shook as an earthquake suddenly acted, shaking ornaments and sending ripples through any liquids...

In her room, Misty stared down at her cup of tea as ripples ran across it. "Carly... so the time has come..." she murmured.

In Rex's office, Lazar glanced around in panic. "What's causing these tremors?" he exclaimed...

At Jack's place, he and Mina stare at the sky, flooded with dark blue clouds, both of them caught between awe and anticipation of trouble.

"This can't be good..." Jack muttered.

Soon, around the Arcadia Movement Building, purple fires erupted around it and lit up the area, forming the geoglyph shape of the Hummingbird. Sayer stared down at the geoglyph in shock, as thunder crashed and lightning flashed in the heavens above, dark storm clouds rolling in. As the earthquake began to end, he snatched up the phone from his desk. "Everyone, evacuate the building at once," he spoke calmly, before noticing a figure standing in the shadows. Lowering the phone, he stared at them. "What're you doing? Evacuate the building at once!"

"I'll make you pay, Sayer," the person said in a darkly familiar voice.

"Who are you?" As he spoke, lightning flashed behind him, lighting the room and revealing the person as Carly! Staring at her in shock and horror, he dropped the phone to the floor. "You're... but that's impossible! You couldn't have fallen from that height and survived!"

"I've come back to send you to your grave!" Carly replied, as the mark of the Hummingbird ignited on her arm.

"What?"

"This mark's granting me the message of my God, to offer your mangy soul to it," she said darkly, looking to the mark on her arm before staring back at Sayer. "Do you accept this Shadow Duel?" A flare of orange light engulfed her, before fading to reveal her dressed in a jet-black cape, halter top and skirt, all adorned with orange geoglyph highlights, a mark on her left cheek and with some kind of jet-black Duel Disk with a draconic theme on her arm. Her eyes slid open, revealing black sclera and orange irises, the eyes of a Dark Signer.

Sayer stepped forward. "I don't know what tricks you used to survive, but to challenge me to a Duel is a sign that you're woefully unaware of your limits!"

"Enough talk!" Carly snapped. "This won't be the same as before! I'll send you and your dark ambitions screaming into the Underworld!"

"You're making no sense!" Sayer retorted. "But I accept your challenge! You'll feel the power of a Psychic Duelist once more!" At this, Carly smirked darkly. Her Duel Disk activated and the card panel sliding round from the back of it and expanding to reveal the full panel. Sayer's activated his in response. Their Decks shuffled in the slots, and they drew their opening hands.

"DUEL!"

Carly: 4000

Sayer: 4000

"Since I'm the victor of our last duel, I'll start," Sayer announced, drawing his sixth card. "I summon Psychic Snail!" In a flash, a giant futuristic humanoid-snail appeared with the snail body extending into a muscular blue human upper body. (4/1900/800) He then activated another spell card from his hand, "Next, I play Emergency Teleport! To refresh your memory, it summons a Level 3 or below Psychic monster from my hand! And I'll use it to summon Psychic Commander!" The alien-like creature in a military uniform in a tank-like flying saucer appeared. (3/1400/800) "Then, I'll tune Level 4 Psychic Snail with my Level 3 Psychic Commander!" Psychic Commander turned into three green rings and Psychic Snail turned into four stars. The star lined up in the tunnel of rings. "I synchro summon, Psychic Lifetrancer!"