15

Mary Regan is a bomb tech for the Sacramento Police department and is well liked.  Both Frank and Mary came to get us. Mary drove her BMW here and Frank parked his sports car. We were going in Mercedes to the alley.  
Mary sat in the back with Frank. Her bowling bag and shoes are in the back seat with her.

" Mary how has work going ?"
" Catherine very busy.  Too many bombs that vary. I am just glad none of them have hurt anyone just property.  These criminals are getting more bold. "

Catherine continues to drive.  We finally arrive. We all get out and get out and enter the bowling alley.

Several weeks passed. We were meeting our friends at the bowling alley. It was the police department against the sheriff's department.  Kono and Catherine felt this was less likely of injuries instead of the pig bowl.  Our officers agreed as well as the insurance company.

"Maura, are you  want to go to root them on?"  " Yes, it should be fun even though we won't be bowling plus Frank Holloway's  girlfriend, Mary Regan is suppose to be there.  They recently moved in together. "

Off we left to the bowling alley. We arrived and walk in. Maura gave all her security people Friday through Sunday off.
We find a table behind the bowlers and order a pitcher of beers.Tommy and Jill are here and just finished eating fries.

" Jane ordered a pitcher of beer for us.  Whose winning so far?" " Maura so far it looks like the police department.  We understand Mary plays well. Antonio say she is their secret weapon. We just have to wait and see." 

Deandra started collecting everyone's tickets. The bowling alley was closed to the public.  The tickets for each spectator was fifty dollars. Whomever sold them the ticket their department would use for the widow/ widower fund. Today's event was divided into twenty five teams. Three hour increments.  A team of four would advance to the next bracket. We had three hours of watching.

" Babe here is a beer before you bowl. "
"Thank you. My team should be up soon."

Mary takes a sip of her beer and takes a bite of her hamburger.  She wipes off her hands and sprinkles powder on them before she bowls. Her team consists of Kevin Atwater,  herself, Kono and Antonio.  Kono gets her second strike.  People clap for her.  Antonio is next. He knocks 6 down and picks up two more.  Kevin is up and gets two strikes. I go and get two strikes. We are doing well but the pressure is on. We all continue to bowl and people are conversing and having a good time. Deandra and Nina are selling tickets for the silent auction. 
We all buy several at a dollar each.  We write our names in the back with our contact information.  Maura and I get up to place our tickets in items we would like to win and then go order some burgers and fries. We wait on them and continue watching. The three hours pass by quickly. Kevin, Kono, Mary and Antonio win it. Everyone claps. The silent auction Jane nor I won.  We all are getting ready to leave when we hear an explosion.  We all look and cops are running as well as other first responders to help anyway they can.

" Maura we need you here. We called more ambulances and doctors to help out."

Maura goes with Frank to help the injured.

" Babe there is another bomb. Unfortunately,  it's under Jane's car. We called for the bomb squad. "

I go look to see what type of bomb. I yell out and tell everyone to not use any cell phones. I am afraid it will set it off.

" Jane move back its under your suv."
" Shit it must of been placed when we're inside.  Kevin any video footage or witnesses?" " Unfortunately no. It is set to be repaired on Monday. The manager of the bowling alley said the parts were on back ordered. Everyone was inside or left already. "