11

Jane and I went to bed after we made life while we were in the shower.  We both slept in the nude.  The following morning, we left by seven to be at the car fundraiser before 8 a.m. when it opened.  Jane parks her Camaro in the allocated spot. She locks it up. We go meet our family and extended close friends at the Garcia booth for a Mexican breakfast which consists of a tamale, rice, beans, and coffee. 

" Everyone thanks for coming early. I already have tip jars with Christina's name as you can see in the one here explaining who Christina was and what all tips or donations will be used for. Volunteers will take all the jars several times I'd necessary to leave the contents at the guarded indoor information booth which has a huge wooden box with a padlock to accept all monies.  The Chin family is taking it to be deposited at the bank. I will write two checks to the colleges. Madison and Laura already have several haul trucks loading up the recyclables. Several of the volunteers from the tennis camp will follow them tomorrow morning to drive the hauls there to various locations to cash in everything.  Some are staying to enjoy California while others are catching flights back home to their homes," says Ryan Rizzoli.

We all finished our breakfast and walked around inside the parking lots and inside the air-conditioned building. We hear on the intercom system a fire has broken out and three vehicles have caught fire.  A fire employee states the three license plates and their owners. We are all glad it is no one we know.  We later find out from Kelly Severide that it was caused by a gas leak from a car's gas tank. It wasn't on my wife's property nor anyone who entered their vehicles in the car fundraiser.  It was caused by a drunk driver who hit a parked car a few miles away. It was lunchtime and we ordered turkey burgers meal deal from my brother's restaurant, Dirty Robber. We all left a nice tip for the scholarship program.     We sat under the misters while we ate with the Holloway men and Catherine.  She tells us she entered her 1942 green Ford car which her deceased children chose the color for the exterior and interior.  Catherine shows us a before and after photo of it against her vehicle.

This car was gorgeous

This car was gorgeous.  We all got up to walk over to check it out.