28

The following morning, we all checked out and ate breakfast in one of their dining areas.

"You all Lisa and I are going to take you up on your offer Catherine.  Lisa would like would like to stay here and study for the realtor teat. I am going to resign my position as chief inspector.  I will see if our colleagues want to buy Frank's old place.  My w8fe will be the realtor on.I  am going to put my resume for Kono's job. I know I have competition but kono liked the way how I ran the police department in Sydney and I could use you as a reference if you don't mind. "  " Of course, Lisa can stay and you two live with us. We have about the same crime and sometimes worse.  I am guessing we are dropping you off at the airport on our way back."  " Helen you can use us three as references as well as others from Sydney.  I know Tommy and Fiona was interested in the chief inspector position. "

We finished eating and left.  On our way, Helen got on Lisa's laptop and submitted her two week resignation and emailed all in the department.  She submitted her application on line.  She called Kono and Kono said she would be looking forward to interview her. She gave her the date, time and location of the interview.  Helen called Tommy and Fiona and suggested they apply for the chief of inspector position. Lisa called her boss and told her she was resigning as of today and why.  Her boss hated seeing her leave as she is a good realtor.  Helen spoke with her colleagues who rent her place. The four of them said yes and for how much. Helen said she would change the contract to read as of next payment do to own. They can pay finance forty percent down and make monthly payments to her. They would be held responsible to fix anything. They said they would agree.  The conversation ends.   We said goodbye to Helen. Helen kisses Lisa.  Helen enters the lounge of the airport and waves to us goodbye.

" I see we and the others made a good impression on you all to move here," say Kevin. "  " Yes, this is a tighter community with a lot of good people. I can study and pay for rent."
"Lisa you can pay rent once your wife moves in. Who knows, you two might find a place near us or somewhere else. We are just glad we have more of us folks here.  The others will be happy too. They seem to like you two gals." "YES, WE LIKE THEM TOO.  I AM GOING TO PUT OUR HOME FOR UP TO BE LEASED AND TO LOOK FOR A HOME NEARBY YOU. HELEN SAYS SHE WILL KEEP KEVIN ATWATER AND ANTONIO RAYMUND AS HER DRIVER'S FOR A YEAR THEN DRIVE HERSELF IN THE CHIEF'S SUV OR CAR.  ANTONIO AND KEVIN WOULD GO BACK TO BEING DETECTIVES AGAIN."

I  was on the plane texting my wife telling her about looking to see if any doctors would be interested in leasing our home. I would ask my colleagues to help me box everything to send here. She agreed.
Jane calls and asks us if Lisa and Helen need a ride back to Sydney.  Because one of her colleagues has a court case that will take three and half weeks or three weeks to finish up. Catherine updates her. Jane said to contact Helen and have her movers to go to the airport.  Her plane would be there tomorrow morning for the time being until her colleague returns.  It would save money on transport.  She told Catherine to tell Helen and Lisa not to worry about gas for the plane. It would be the same.  Maybe a nice dinner or couple massage.  Catherine tells her she will pass the information on.
I tell Lisa what Jane stated to me. She texts Helen.  Helen and Lisa agreed a nice dinner and couple massage.
We are finally home and I show Lisa to her room. I give her a tour of the place and suggest Monday she studies to take the written test and set up an appointment once she passes the test.  I tell Lisa there are other openings of police and sheriff positions in nearby areas of Sacramento if she doesn't get the one here. She tells me when she speaks with Helen she will have her call me so I can tell her the names of the departments.  I unpack and look online for dmv to study.  I believe tomorrow I can go take my written if Catherine let's me use one of her vehicles. I could take the driving too if time is available.   Catherine knocks on the bedroom door to tell me I could use her Mercedes while I am here. I thank her again for her generosity.  She tells me dinner is ready. I log off my laptop and leave it to charge on the nightstand. I go wash up and go eat dinner.

" I am studying for the written test and will go take it tomorrow morning early. Hopefully, I can take the driving too.  The test so far is easy. I know my wife has her California license too. She told me you two did that on her first few days here. I never imagined I would be living in Northern California. "

We all chuckled and enjoyed our dinner. We didn't eat lunch that day. Lisa cleaned up and went to study more.  Kevin and I took a shower and made love in the shower.  We had an early day tomorrow.  I left the alarm passcode and my keys to my Mercedes with a note to only use regular unleaded gas.