24

Charlotte

"Did you say hi?" Brooke says as she now stands next to her Dad apparently?

"You know what, I actually should wait on Vicky so I can finish getting my makeup done. Bye now." I say nervously then immediately closing the door on them.

What the fuck?

How could this be possible? Brooke and Ryde, relatives? Father and daughter? I almost want to vomit, and I feel sick to my stomach. I mean, now that I think about it more I kind of see how that could be possible.

I mean, Brooke is a very famous Hollywood director and her father owns one the biggest studios in Hollywood. She could be a possible victim to nepotism, I'm not surprised about that part. It makes sense.

But I've known Ryde for so long, how could I not know that he had a daughter? For the times that I've been in that hauntingly office, I've never seen family photos. He's a man of privacy perhaps?

I think it's just too much to process at this moment.

The last thing I wanted to see was him, especially after I just finished making out with his daughter. And Brooke seems clueless to her father's cruel behavior towards me. Not only that, but he's just a horrible man in general. How could she be so fond of him? I mean, the smile on her face when she saw him. I pity her for some reason.

Tears suddenly start to flow down my cheeks and my hands start to shake as I remember what that man put me through. I haven't seen him in years, why couldn't I just avoid him?

"Just breathe Charlotte, you'll be fine." I tell myself through breaths as I start to uncontrollably sob now.

I rush over to my chair because I can no longer stand this feeling. The pain that is pulsing through my veins, I can't take it.

That man put his hands on me, heard my begs and pleads to stop for years, and has the nerves to stand there like he's done nothing wrong? How could he? How could anybody?

This isn't right. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Where could I have gone wrong?

As I continue thinking and analyzing everything and every memory I've ever had my ability to breathe becomes harder for me to control. My eyesight wears as my tears are uncontrollable and blur my vision.

Should I leave home and go early? God, no I can't.

I'll just have to catch my breath then I can go back out there. I think.

"Charlotte?" I hear yet another voice come from the door again.

But just as I'm struggling with my breathing and crying, the struggle seems to suddenly vanish and I'm wiping my tears away from my eyes, and catching my breath before the door opens.

Even though my eyes are bloodshot red, it's better than someone seeing me insufferably sobbing my heart out over seeing some creep that ruined my insides.

"Oh yes, one minute please!" I say as I blow my eyes out with my hands, attempting them to make them like I haven't been on substances.

Once I finally get most of the redness down I just decide to accept my fate, "I'm ready now!" I say.

The door then opens and Vicky finally returns from god knows where with a bag in her hand.

"Are you okay? Your eyes look a little.." Vicky directs her hands over to my eyes as she steps into the room, closing the door behind her.

"Oh yes, I'm fine. I was just practicing a crying scene for later on because I was scared I wouldn't be able to get it on que." I say as I start to fidget with my fingers.