Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:

Authors pov:
One crisp autumn night, as Maya played her violin with a passion that rivaled the flames of a dying fire, Liam collapsed in her arms. Panic gripped her heart as she rushed him to the hospital, where cold fluorescent lights replaced the warmth of their shared moments.

Maya's POV:

The wind blow and gave shivers in my body, as I played my violin, the melody is very relaxing.  The chilly air made my fingers sting, but the melody warmed me inside. Liam was pacing nearby, his restlessness matching the intensity of my playing.

Just as the final note hung in the air, Liam stumbled, his figure dark against the porch light. My heart skipped a beat as he falled towards me, his face is very pale I can see it under the moonlight. Before I could react, he collapsed, his body fall into my arms.

Liam!” I screamed, my voice breaking through the night and I feel my tears fall into my eyes. The violin that in my hand are now in the floor as I tried to hold him up. Panic is in me and I could feel his cold skin, his slow breaths. His eyes fluttered, trying to focus on me, but they seemed distant, lost.

With a strength I didn’t know I had, I half-dragged and half-carried him to the car. Then I drive to the hospital the road schemes endless. The bright lights in the emergency room were harsh, nothing like the cozy warmth of our home. Nurses quickly took Liam from my arms. I stood there, feeling cold and helpless, hoping he would be okay.

I stood frozen, the cold of the night now inside me. The world seemed to close in, a suffocating silence. All I could do was pray that this wasn’t our final note, that there was still a chance for another song, for another poem and memories.

Thank you sweetie's

-ssel©