Chapter 11:

Days turned into weeks as Liam fought a battle against an enemy neither of them could defeat. She held his hand, whispering words of love and promises of a future they both knew was slipping away.

Maya's POV:

I’m sitting here again, holding Liam’s hand. It’s been weeks now, and I can’t remember what life was like before this hospital. Everything smells like antiseptic, and the only sound is the beeping of machines. Liam’s eyes, once so bright, are dull now. I try not to cry because I need to be strong for him.

I used to play my violin for him every day, hoping the music would cheer him up. But now, it just feels like a sad song, echoing through the empty hallways. I lean in close and whisper, "I love you, Liam. We’ll get through this together." But deep down, I know it’s not true. It feels like I’m lying to both of us, clinging to hope that’s slipping away.

Seeing him cry breaks my heart. The doctors say I need to prepare for the worst, but how can I? How can I say goodbye to him? I close my eyes, hoping for a miracle, but knowing we’re running out of time. All I can do is hold his hand and be here with him, loving him with all my heart, even though it hurts so much.

Thank you sweetie's

-ssel©