Chapter 44:

As the sun began to set, casting long shadows across the grass, I started to talk to him. I told him about the little things that had happened since he had been gone—the moments of joy, the times of sadness. I shared our memories, showed him pictures, and spoke of our plans and dreams, the ones that would never come to pass.

I’m trying to be strong, Liam,” I said, my voice breaking. “But it’s so hard without you. Every day feels so empty, so meaningless.”

     The hours passed in a blur of tears and memories. As night fell, the cemetery grew colder and darker, the only light coming from the stars above. The sky was a blanket of stars, each one a tiny point of light in the darkness. The moon is low and bright.

I sat there, my heart aching with the weight of my loss. “I miss you, Liam,” I whispered, looking up at the sky. “I miss you so much.”

The stars seemed to twinkle in response, a silent witness to my feelings. “Come back to me, Liam, please,” “I need you. I need you so much.”

    I shouted his name into the night, my voice raw and trembling. I shout continuously as if he will be there by my side “Please, come back! I can’t do this without you!”

   The words echoed in the stillness, a desperate shout that seemed to go unanswered. I fell to my knees, “I need you, Liam,” I whispered, my voice barely audible. “I don’t know how to go on without you.”

      The night go on, the stars and the moon are my light,  I stayed there, the tears streaming down my face, my body shaking with the sobs that I could no longer hold back. The pain was overwhelming, a deep, aching void that seemed to consume me entirely.

     As the hours passed, I found a small measure of comfort in the memories, in the love that we had shared. It was a love that would never fade, a bond that would always connect us, even in his absence.

     And as I finally stood to leave, the tears still flowing, I knew that somehow, with his love in my heart, I would find the strength to carry on. I turned and walked away, the wind at my back, carrying the echo of my song. The day had been a painful reminder of all I had lost, but also a testament to the love that would never fade. 

Thank you sweeties.

-ssel©

🤍