Chapter 30:

Sun rays go through to curtains. Maya sat on the floor, holding her violin, the weight of the night’s emotions still heavy on her shoulders. Her eyes, swollen and red from her tears that continues falling, she's zooning out.

   The room was silent, save for the sounds f birds that singing outside and the sound, hum of life outside her window. The world continued to turn, indifferent to her pain, moving forward while she remained stuck in a moment that seemed to be eternity.

-----

    Suddenly, someone's knocking on her door. But maya didn’t respond, even stand but her gaze are on the floor. The knock are continuously, a little louder this time, followed by a voice that familiar his ears.

Maya, it’s Rian, Can I come in?

    She didn’t answer. She didn’t have the energy to speak, to face the sadness in her friend eyes, to hear the empty words of comfort that couldn’t even help her loss. But the door open anyway, and Rian walk inside, her footsteps are silent.

Rian approached her slowly, kneeling beside her on the floor. She placed a gentle hand on Maya’s shoulder, the warmth of her touch are mix with the  coldness that had in Maya’s inside. “Maya,” she said softly, “you can’t keep doing this to yourself. You need to eat, to sleep, to rest and  to live.”

Maya’s eyes turn to Rian's face, her expression are fully blank. “How?” she whispered, her voice a broken a sound of itself. “H-how can I live without him?  H-ow? Give m-me an a-answer. E-every b-breath hurts, every h-heartbeat is k-killing m-me inside do you know that? . I don’t know how to move on. Rian”

Thank you sweetie's

-ssel ©

🤍