Chapter 45:

Night had fallen, full the world of darkness. The room was a silent witness to Maya’s cry, filled with the echoes of a happier time, a time when Liam’s laughter, love that they make, plans and vows. Now, it was a place of haunting memories, each one a painful reminder of all she had lost.

     Maya sat on the edge of their bed. Her tears fell, staining the sheets that still carried his scent, a beautiful reminder of his absence. The moonlight go through the window, casting a wonderful glow over the room, shine in the photos on the walls, all the tokens of a life they had shared, now lost to time.

       She hold a framed photograph of the two of them, their faces lit with joy, and the pain in her heart are mixing. “Liam,” she whispered,  “why did you have to leave me? How am I supposed to live without you?”

     She laid down on the bed, pulling the covers over her as if trying to cover herself from the world. Her tears flow continuesly, falling in the pillow beneath her head. Each breath felt like a heavy weight, each heartbeat a reminder of the emptiness inside her. She turn her face in sheets, trying to find trace of his scent, but all it did was deepen her lost.

       Hours seemed to pass in a fall of tears and heartache. When her sobs finally began to subside, she found herself staring at the closet. It was his side, filled with his clothes, his shoes, his everything. She got up slowly, her legs trembling with the effort, and walked over to it.

     Opening the closet door, she was greeted by the sight of his neatly arranged clothes, his favorite shirts and jackets, each one a piece of the man she had loved. She reached out and hugged one of his shirts, clutching it to her chest as if trying to hold onto a piece of him, to feel him close to her once more. The fabric was cool against her skin, and the scent of him, though faint, brought a fresh wave of tears.

      As she stood there, her body wracked with silent sobs, something caught her eye. There, tucked away on the shelf behind his clothes, was a small envelope, its edges worn as if it had been handled many times. Her heart skipped a beat, a flicker of hope cutting through the fog of her despair. She reached out with trembling hands and took the envelope, her breath catching as she recognized his handwriting on the front: “For Maya.”

      With shaking fingers, she opened it and pulled out the letter inside. As she unfolded the paper, she saw that the words were written in Liam’s familiar, neat script. Tears blurred her vision as she began to read, her heart pounding with every word.

Thank  you sweetie

-ssel©

🤍