Chapter 27:

Maya's pov:

  The hospital was a blur as I made my way back home, every step heavy with the weight of my loss. 

   The house was are very quiet when I arrived, a silent witness to my feelings. Not like when he's alive, he's running towards me when I get home after my work just to hug me and pick my things.

   The room felt colder than usual, as if the very walls absorbed the sorrow that had taken inside me. The living room, once filled with laughter and warmth, now seemed a tomb of memories.

-------

   The room was suffocatingly quiet, each breath Maya took sounding like a plea for mercy in the heavy air. The rays of candlelight cast long, flickering shadows on the walls, the only movement in a world that had come to a standstill.

    She sat beside Liam’s coffin, a solitary figure shrouded in grief, her violin are under her chin, its strings trembling under her fingers like the fragile threads of her broken heart.

   Maya’s bow slid across the strings, releasing a beautiful melody that seemed to seep into the very walls, each note a soft whisper of love.

   The songs were Liam’s favorites, and she played them now as a desperate, final tribute, each chord a tearful remembrance of their shared moments, memories, laughter, love that now a reduced to fading echoes.

“I miss you,” she said, her voice trembling and shaking because of what she's feeling inside. Her fingers faltered, the music wavering as she choked on her words. “i miss you so much, Liam. It’s like a piece of me is missing, and I’ll never be whole again.”

Thank you sweetie's

-ssel©