Chapter 21:

"Come on, Liam," Dr. Williams muttered under his breath, willing the young man to fight. He looked at the monitors, hoping for any sign of improvement, but the lines remained flat and unresponsive.

"Push another round of epinephrine," he ordered. Nurse Patel swiftly complied, injecting the drug into Liam's IV line. They resumed compressions, their movements growing more faster and more desperate.

"Doctor, it's been over ten minutes," a nurse whispered, her voice are with hopelessness. Dr. Williams look at the clock, its ticking a cruel reminder of how long they had been fighting a losing battle.

"No, we're not giving up yet," he said, refusing to accept that his friend died. He felt the pressure of every second, knowing that Maya was just outside, hoping and praying for Liam to be alive

"Let's go again," he said, more to himself than anyone else. The team delivered another shock, and for a brief, heart-stopping moment, there was a flicker on the monitor. Dr. Williams' breath caught in his throat, but it vanished as quickly as it had appeared, the monitor flat and lifeless once more.

Dr. Williams' shoulders are shaking, the weight of the world are now in his whole body. "Call it," he said softly, his voice fill with mix emotion, "Time of death: 11:12."

"Li-liam I'm sorry, I'm very sorry bro I do everything to keep you alive, I'm sorry very sorry bro" Doctor William said in front of her friend dead body. He's body are shaking and his tears flowing, as he recall all the memories of them.

As he stepped back, he couldn't shake the image of Liam's still face. He knew he had done everything he could, but the result is failure was sharp and painful. He took a deep breath, preparing himself for the hardest part of his job: facing Maya his friend girlfriend, and delivering the news that her world had just shattered.

Thank you sweetie.

-ssel©