Chapter 34:

Dr. William, Liam's childhood friend, steps up next. He struggles to speak, his voice thick with emotion

"Liam, you were the best friend a guy could ask for. I'm sorry bro, b-but I do e-everything just t-to keep y-you alive.  Remember t-that time we s-skipped school to go f-fushing? I still have that p-picture of you with that tiny fish, so proud... I'm gonna miss you, man. I already do."

   Tom steps back, tears are now in his eyes. Many friends said their farewell to Liam's. The room full of sound of crying.

    And then it's Maya's turn. She approaches slowly, her face pale, eyes hollowed with grief. The room falls silent, knowing the depth of their love.

     "Liam...m-my life, my boyfriend , my best friend, my hero and my love, I d-don't know h-how to say goodbye. W-we had so many p-plans, so m-many dreams. Y-you promised y-you'd a-always be there, and I believed you. I still do. I d-don't know how to go on a-and live w-without you."

    She kneels and  her hands shaking as she touches it lightly. Her eyes are full with tears, spilling over and tracing paths down her cheeks.

    "Every morning, I wake up hoping it's all a nightmare, that I'll hear your voice, see your smile, feel your touch. But every day, it's the same empty reality. I miss you, Liam. I miss you so much and it hurts because I can't do anything just to make you stay. I would give anything to have you back, to laugh with you, to hold you. I don't know if I can bear this pain. Remember are f-first meet in park, i-in the old oak tree, it's m-my best Memories and my happiest day in my life. And the w-way you hug, k-kiss me every night I'll gonna hold that forever. "

    She leans closer, pressing her forehead against the urn, her body shaking with silent sobs. The room seems to hold its breath, the weight of her sorrow.

   "I love you, Liam. I always will. You're a part of me, and nothing can change that. Rest now, my love, and maybe, just maybe, we'll find each other again in another life. P-please visit me e-even in m-my dreams."

    She rises slowly, her steps unsteady, as if the weight of her grief is too much to bear. She retreats to the back of the room, her shoulders hunched, eyes distant. The room remains silent, the air heavy with sorrow and the ache of love lost too soon.

Thank you for reading my story
sweeties.

-ssel©

🤍