17

The next day

Alastor was in his room and hadn't come out all day, he was constantly reliving his childhood memories while crying in sorrow. He held on tight to the picture that Charlie took of them at the party, it was the one where they were gazing lovingly at each other while dancing.

Lucifer on the other hand, hadn't returned to the hazbin hotel, this concerned all of the guests at the hotel except Alastor who had no clue he disappeared.
Lucifer was staying at his old castle for the time being, he felt like he couldn't face Alastor after terrifying the normally stoic demon, to the point he was trembling and sobbing.

Lucifer had tried to end his life many times within the past day, though all failed as he possessed no angelic weapons.
He spent most of his time curled on his bed crying, sleeping, or playing fruit ninja on himself (if you get what I mean).
Even making ducks didn't distract him enough.

In the hotel lobby

"Guys I'm really worried about my dad and alastor"
Charlie says biting her nails.

"Well we should go check on them then, whatdya say?"
Vaggie responded giving her girlfriend a hug to reassure her.

Charlie nodded her head and then said:
"Husk, can you go check on alastor, and me and vaggie will go check on dad"

Husk nodded with his usual bored expression.

At Alastor's door

Knock, knock, knock

"Hey man it's husk, can you open the door?"
Husk asked gently. He heard the door creek open slightly, he took that as his welcome.

He pushed the door, and entered the darkness that engulfed the normally bright red room.
"Alastor?"
He asked kinda scared.

"Over here"
He heard a weak voice call out from where the corner of the room was, his eyes had adjusted finally and he could now see most of alastor.

"Oh shit"
Husk said eyes widening at the state he saw, alastor was sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest, his arms were messily placed around his head and legs. His room was messy, clothes were on the floor, bed unmade, hair unkept, and his clothes were untidy and creased.

"What do you want husk?"
Alastors usual static was gone, this concerned the cat demon severely, who walked over cautiously to the clearly upset radio demon.

As he got closer he noticed a picture in his hands, it was of him and lucifer, the one Charlie took.
"I'm just checking your okay, you haven't been downstairs today at all and it's 4PM."

Husk put his paw/hand onto alastors briefly, who in turn pulled back suddenly, flinching hard.

Husks POV

'Okay what was that, why did he flinch?'
I noticed tears pooling in his eyes then dripping silently down his pale, hollow cheeks.
He looked lifeless, like a corpse.

"Alastor..."
I said as gentle as possible, though he responded with:
"Just go away husk"
He sounded dead. Well he was. But still.

"I want to help you"

"I DONT WANT YOUR HELP, NOW LEAVE"
He screamed at me, his eyes are dials, his body now towered over mine, his antlers grew and his radio static was back with his voice.

"O-okay, I-I'm sorry"
I turned around hastily and walked faster out of the room than ever before. God he is terrifying.

Alastors POV

'I just screamed at husk, but he was trying to help, god what is wrong with me'
My demon form went back to its usual and I fell to the floor crying after slamming my door shut.

Charlie's POV

I got to the door of my dads castle, I know he is here, I can feel it.

Knock, knock, knock

"Dad? It's Charlie, can you please open the door?"

10 seconds later he opened the door,
'Oh my goodness'
He had large bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess, he had his duck pj's on as well.

"Dad.."
I said sympathetically, he looked at me and tried to smile, though it didn't reach his eyes.

He moved to the side so I could enter and I did, there was a small mountain of rubber ducks in the corner.
Paper with sketches of rubber ducks were all over the floor around his desk, and all over the desk itself.

"Charlie, what are you doing here?"
He asked looking exhausted.

"I came to check on you"
I said smiling again.

"I'm fine Charlie, just needed some alone time to think"
'Uh oh' I thought, 'he always gets bad when he has time to think'

I went up to him and hugged him, he hugged back, I felt my shoulder get wet and noticed he was crying.
I pulled back and wiped the tears from his eyes and said:

'Come on, we're going back home"
By that I meant the hotel, he didn't have a choice though and he knew it.

He nodded dejectedly and followed me out of the castle. He locked the door and we took off back to the castle

End of Charlie's POV