Familiar presence

After defeating Flint, the old man saves Aurora with his shadow powers. Aurora became too happy and went towards Luna who was trying her best to wake Shadow up.

"Is he dead!?" The old man asked. "Hey!! Of course not, he just fainted because of over-fatigue." Luna got angry but was scared too because she didn't know that old guy, 'What if he attacked us too.' She thought.

The old man went to the nearby herbs, picked some of its leaves and came back, "You are a healer but can't restore fatigue... You need some training, I think." He said while crushing the leaves and let Shadow drink some of its drops.

Just after drinking it, he woke up, "Wha- what was that bitter thing!?" He made a funny face. "You woke up, Shadow!!" Luna hugged him. "Yeah, I am sorry for being knocked out, Luna. I should have stood to protect you but I guess I am too weak..." Shadow felt guilty.

"Young man, you too need training, more than that girl." The old man said.

Shadow tried to stand but fell again because his legs got the claw's shot, 'Argh! Now I can't even move...? Like how weak I am...!? I am just being a burden here-' He starts to think but Luna makes him stand with her support because she knows Shadow won't ask for that.

"I am here for you, Shadow." She said with a smile, "I tried to heal it but I guess that dark power is cutting my healing and because Aurora is tired and goes she can't do anything right now." Now Luna starts to think she is useless which makes that old man angry.

"You young ones are dumb!? If you guys know you are weak, instead of blaming yourself in front of each other, train hard under some best trainers or train yourself! Like seriously my young trainee is much more useful than you guys." He scolds both of them and then says, "Now pick this guy more and follow me, young girl."

And then 3 of them start to walk towards the old man's place.

After walking for some time and some rest in the middle because it was not easy for Luna to keep Shadow moving, taking all his weight on her, they reach a small cottage.

"Master! You are back! We were training and you just left in between, by the way welcome home, master, I thought I should cook lunch, till you come back, so it's ready now come and eat it!" A little girl said all of this in a single breath.

"Huh!" Shadow got shocked after looking at that young girl. Everything just flashed in his mind. It's like he can't believe what he is seeing in front of him.

"What happened, Shadow?" Luna asks, 'I never saw him like this before.' She thought.

Shadow tried to move forward but couldn't, "Argh! Are you... Are you C- C- Co-... Cora!?" He was about to lose but Luna put her hand on his back and made him stand up again which made Shadow control himself.

"Huh? Who are they, master? You didn't tell me you gonna bring some guests here. Well, I think I made some extra by mistake so they can take it." That little girl said in a cute voice, "Oh yeah, well my name is Cora. Nice to meet you." She said and bowed and started to think, 'I don't know why I am getting some familiar feelings from that big brother.'

"Good girl, now take these young ones outside and help them fresh up, Cora." The old man said.

"As you wish, master." She said, "Follow me, big sis and big brother!" She takes them outside.

After a while they reached near a waterfall, "Here you both can fresh up… One by one if you are embarrassed." Cora got little nervous looking them so close.

"Huh! Ye-yeah! We will see about it, thank you." Luna said making Shadow sit and bowed in front of Cora.

"Hehe! Ok then after you are done come and take lunch with us." Cora said and went back.

Luna was embarrassed because till now she wasn't even thinking about that. "You can go first, Luna." Shadow said.

"N-no I need to wash your wounds first then I will go." She said controlling herself.

"Ok, thanks." Shadow said in a lower voice.

While washing Shadow, Luna started a conversation to calm the tension...

"By- by the way, who was that little girl? It seems you know her, despite that you don't know her master...?" She asked.

After a little silence, "I- I am sorry. did I ask something I shouldn't-" Luna was stopped by Shadow's words, "She is my little sister...." He said.

"Wait, wait, wait, what!? Then what she is doing here and not with you!? You send her here!? Then why you don't know her master!? And first of all, why didn't she recognise you!? What's going on, Shadow!?" She asked many questions in a single breath.

"I can't tell you everything right now but... For her, her brother Shadow is... Dead." Shadow said.

"... ... ..." Luna got silent because now she doesn't have any words to use in this situation... And she accepted the fact that Shadow said he will tell everything later. But she still had many questions in her mind.

After both were washed and freshened up, they went to the cottage.

"We are here, Master." Shadow said entering the cottage.

"Yeah, in time. Now sit, she will serve the food soon." The old man said.

"Please, tell me about yourself, master." Luna asks. "Hmm... Yeah, I guess I forgot to introduce myself. I am really sorry for that, young ones." The old man said.

"It's ok, everything happened so quickly that we couldn't do that before but now we can, right?" Luna says making the mood light.

"Yeah! My name is Elder Shade. I am one of the survivors of the previous generation's revolutionaries!" The old man introduced himself, making both Shadow and Luna shocked.

Author's POV:-
So hey guys this is it for now. I am happy and as well as sad for our beloved Shadow, he finally got her sister but... She didn't recognise him 🥲. He is dead for her so, yeah, one can't be revived, right? So let's see what will happen in the next chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Bye Bye 👋🏻