0.2

{Delilah}.

Would it all be different if it wasn't for me?

Is everything that has happened my fault?

You don't know the burden it is to have to ask yourself these questions, even more so to blame yourself for everything bad that has happened. But none of that measures up to the pain of seeing your loved one in the state I saw Calum in.

His usual beautiful tanned skin was stained with his blood as it spilled from several open wounds from his body. His eyes were shut in a painful way and no one was sure if they would ever open again.

How do you live with that? How do you live with yourself after causing so much pain onto one person?

Calum's lips weren't pressed up into his usual smile, instead, an oxygen mask was placed to his mouth in order to get air into his body as people fought to keep him alive.

Calum's strong, and I prayed that if anyone was strong enough to survive this, that it would be him.

I followed after him as far as I could go. A part of me wanted to push through the nurses and demand to be at his side, the other part was too scared to go near him, afraid that I might hurt him again.

No one had told me anything regarding Calum and I couldn't find the nerve to ask.

I kept telling myself to call his parents, to let them know what's happened to him, but I knew that they'd blame me, and I honestly couldn't handle anything else on top of what had happened. Though that choice wasn't up to me, as they had already been called, making their way to the hospital right after I had arrived.

Mrs Hood hurried through the doors, her partner trailing a few metres behind her. I stood up as she looked around, doubting my decision as they made their way over to me.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?" She asked me, not giving me a second to answer before she shot out more questions.

"Where is he? Where's my son? I need to see him." She cried out, her hand reaching out and grabbing onto Calum's father frantically.

"Stay there." She whimpered before she and her husband followed after a nurse who walked past. I collapsed back down against the plastic seat in the waiting area, my head falling in my hands as I pulled at my hair mercilessly.

"Please God, don't take him from me." I silently cried out, trying to keep myself together. "I'm sorry."

-