3.4

{Calum}.

I gasped in pain, a sudden sensation rushing through my body. I breathed heavily, almost panting if I was able to, my chest rising up and down quickly, so I thought.

'Del- Delilah.' I struggled to mumble out her name, wishing I could reach out to her so that I didn't slip away. 'Please, Delilah. I'm scared. Don't let me go.'

Was I dying? Was this finally the end?

It felt like my body was being tugged, a throbbing pain pulsing deep at my bones, starting from my feet up to my chest. I never thought it would be this painful, I always thought that if it were to happen, that I would just slip away peacefully and painless. It was excruciating, unbearable and I wanted to stop right then and there. I tried screaming out to someone to end it all, but even now - at my worst hour, no one could hear me.

'I'm sorry Delilah.' I mumbled over and over to myself, never wanting to leave her. I could hear the weakness in my own voice, the way my voice cracked as I whispered her name not even close to the amount of pain I was feeling.

My eyes twitched, but it felt like they were glued together. I didn't want to open them; I was scared of what I would see, scared of what I wouldn't see for that same reason. But slowly, I peeled them open, a bright light shining down on me, almost blinding.

"Calum?"

-

{Delilah}.

My heart stopped.

I had to blink several times to make sure this was real and that I wasn't hallucinating. Calum's eyelids fluttered open the slightest, just enough for me to see his brown orbs staring aimlessly ahead at no particular object.

"C-Calum?" I chocked out, standing up from my seat, looking down at him, my breath coming out fast and uneven. I felt overwhelmed so much so that I thought I would be sick, but yet, I felt so much happiness, enough to make me want to explode.

"Calum baby, can you see me?" I asked him, taking his face in both my hands, a single tear rolling from my left eye as I stared into his eyes. He didn't answer me, but he slowly blinked his eyes, his gaze somewhere near me.

"Luke! Luke!" I yelled at the door as if my life depended on it, him stumbling into the room panicked, his eyes landing on me. I simply stared straight down at Calum, tears now heavily cascading down my cheeks as I ran my fingers through his dark hair once again, relieved to know that this wouldn't be the last time I was able to do this.

Luke's jaw dropped, his eyes instantly glowing with tears as he approached Calum's side, staring at his best friend who had finally opened his eyes again. He muttered out his name in disbelief, unable to form a sentence as he pulled at his own hair, his hands running across his jawline.

As soon as the nurse came in discovering Calum's consciousness, we were pushed aside once more, waiting right outside his door. I fell to the ground, pulling my knees up to my chest as slowly cried, my sobs shaking my body. I felt someone bend down beside me, wrapping there arms around me as their tears began to fall onto my shoulder.

"It's ok. He's ok." Luke whispered to me a number of times.

If only we were to know that everything would change.

-

Oh my gosh...

It's done.

THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL.

Wow, so this is my first proper fanfic that I have posted. It's not that amazing, theres a lot of errors and room for improvement, but I'm happy with it. Its only taken like, 5 weeks as well. I want to thank you for all the comments. Nearly 1000 at the moment, with nearly 16,000 reads and its placed in the fanfiction charts too! Each comment really helped me continue with this.

I know in a lot of cases, the sequels aren't even half as good but I really hope you enjoy mine. I should get the first chapter up soon, I'm just stuck on a name for the book...

Again, as I have mentioned, I wanted to try and make this book as real as possible and I really hope I've been able to draw some emotion from you at times. The sequel will focus on rehab and the struggles on Calum trying to find his old self. I'm not going to give too much away, but after he wakes up, he's not the same man he was before, or even whilst he was in the coma.

Possible blurb: She would have followed him anywhere. Everyone knows that if it was the other way around, she would have chased after him just like he did for her. But would everything else have gone the same way if the tables were turned? If it were Delilah having been the one in the wreck? Thats the questions on everyone's mind nowadays: if it were her, would she have changed too, just like Calum?

I really hope you've liked this. I look forward until writing again. Until then (lol, tomorrow), thank you for sharing this journey with me (lel, 5 weeks).

- HakunaHemmings.