2.3

{Michael}.

Luke stood up abruptly at my side causing me to wake up as my head fell from his shoulder. Confused and dazed, I wiped my eyes trying to make sense of things. I looked around to see Luke hastily pushing the already slightly opened door as far as it would go, the cries coming from Calum's room now more noticeable.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Delilah's voice echoed through the quite corridors of the ICU. What was she talking about? "Calum, why won't you wake up?" She cried, anger and heartache heavy in her tone.

The next few seconds I spent trying to figure out what was happening, until Luke came out the room, pulling a resisting Delilah along with him. "Let me go." She begged him, fighting against his hold as she tried to get back to Calum. "I don't want to be here anymore." She whimpered as Luke held her firmly, disappearing down the halls together in hopes to calm her down.

I sighed in remorse, tugging at my faded coloured hair as I tried to forget the heart-rending scene I had just witnessed. She was a mess and no one was certain how much more of this she could take. I was worried for her. If she lost Calum... I don't know what would happen.

A waited a while, contemplating whether or not to go in, or to wait for the return of Luke and Delilah. I gave in, my urge to see Calum too strong to fight.

It was hard to get my head around, the fact that he was lying there so still and peaceful looking, seeming as if nothing in the world could disturb him. It really did make you wonder if he could hear you. As much as we all hoped he could hear us, after the heart-wrenching event that just occurred with Delilah, sometimes you couldn't help but wish that maybe he can't hear us.

"Hey. It's Michael." I said softly, as if my words could hurt him if they weren't spoken cautiously. "I don't know what happened just then, but its getting so much harder for us, Cal. She's getting worse and so is everyone else. When are you gonna wake up, bud?" I pause just long enough for him to be able to answer himself and figure out when he was going to end all of this pain. I hope the choice is down to him, and I hope he makes the right one.

"Anyways." I trailed off after a moment. "I got home last night and I couldn't sleep like usual. I guess I just did what I do best, and I got a few decent songs out of it. I'll play them for you now, I hope you don't mind. They're not prefect yet, but they will be soon; and one day we'll be playing them on stage together just like the good days. This is for you, Calum."

I had never been nervous to sing in front of Calum before. Maybe it was because I was scared that he could hear me after all, or maybe it was because I had never written anything so powerful before. Either way, it took me a few seconds to gain the courage before my shaky hands began to strum softly on the guitar strings.

"Don't talk, let me think this over. How we gonna fix this? How we gonna undo all the pain? Tell me, is it even worth it? Looking for a straight line, taking back the time we can't replace." I began, playing the chords a few times over as I still hadn't quite worked out the next part. "Bitter words spoken, everything's broken. It's never too late to bring us back to life." I added on, unsure where to fit that line in the song.

"When I close my eyes and try to sleep, I fall apart I'm fighting hard to breathe. You're the reason, the only reason. Even though my dizzy head is numb, I swear my heart is never giving up. You're the reason, the only reason." I sang the chorus to him, my whole heart and soul being emptied into the words.

My right hand left the strings, the note ringing out in the quiet room as my heavy breathing left my body in defeat. Then there was silence. "Uh, that was The Only Reason I guess." I took my time before I spoke again, adjusting the guitar on my lap. "I wrote another one, too. I guess it kinda just speaks a lot of different perspectives really."

My hands found the strings again and my fingers fell into place, my quiet voice singing along to the music.

"I wish I could have made you stay, and I'm the only one to blame. I know that its a little too late, but this is everything I didn't say." I started with the chorus, stopping to build up the confidence to continue. "Wake me up now, and tell me this is all a bad dream. All the songs that I wrote, all the wrongs that I hoped would erase from your memory. Holding onto a broken and empty heart. Flowers I should have brought, all the hours I lost, wish I could bring it back to the start."

The more and more I sang along, the more I realised how much the song seemed as if it was from Delilah's perspective. Sometimes you write things and you don't realise how they sound until they're said. Out of both of the songs, there were certain lines that really stood out to me, ones which came right from the heart. I didn't know I had it in me. My own words were moving me, hurting me and making me feel things I hadn't felt before. Every word I sang was an honest one.

"Taking every breath away 

with all of the mistakes I've made

from all the letters that I saved; 

this is everything I didn't say."

-

Double update because I HAVE SO MUCH INSPIRATION TO WRITE AT THE MOMENT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS !!

I know that like a quarter of this chapter is song lyrics, but please don't complain as I took the lyrics that they wrote and I related it to my story in hopes to add more depth to it, more emotion as it feels more personal.

Poor Mikey. But HA you still don't know the rest with Delilah. :D

If you want an update tomorrow (maybe tonight if you're really good), you better start commenting away.

(A/N: In case you didn't see, I have casted Crystal Reed as Delilah (Allison from Teen Wolf). She's an amazing actress/person and she's who I picture Delilah as).