2.0

{Delilah}.

My heart was in my throat as I anxiously awaited the doctor's verdict. He had to be fine, Calum had to. The boys were right beside me, each wearing looks of such vulnerability as the doctor made his way over to us. Everything was slow and nothing could have prepared me for such a time.

The words 'we did everything we could to save him' left the doctors mouth as he dropped his head down in sadness. I began chocking on air, my knees giving in as I fell to the floor holding onto Luke on my way down.

He kneeled on the floor beside me and pulled me into his arms. I screamed and cried my heart out, fisting at his chest whilst begging him to let me go. "I need to see Calum." I cried over and over, repeating his name as I weakly tried to stand up.

"He wouldn't leave me, I need to see him!" I yelled at the doctor insanely, aching for Calum.

"Bring him back."

-

-

"Delilah?" I heard my name being called. "Delilah?" They repeated.

My eyes shot open and I sat up hastily, struggling to catch my breath. My hand flew up to my head and I blinked away a few tears which had been pooling in my eyes. "Calum." I muttered out his name, confusion washing over me.

"Calm down, you're ok." Luke steadied me as he knelt down in front of me, his hand resting on my knee as he stared at me with concern. "It wasn't real, whatever it was." He promised me. I sighed deeply, relief washing over me to finally snap out of that nightmare.

"I need to see him." I said to Luke, just as I had said in my nightmare.

He smiled at me tiredly, helping me up before he left me for the night, alone with Calum at last. The first thing I did was hurry to Calum's side, taking hold of his hand in between both of mine, and bringing it up to my lips to kiss the skin on his knuckles. "I never want to lose you, Cal. I need you to open your eyes more than I've ever needed anything." I whispered to him as if he didn't already know.

I looked down at him for a few moments and admired all of his features. Gosh, I missed the colour of his eyes and his beautiful smile which he was always reserve for me no matter what. I wondered how long it would be before I saw his eyes again, and the thought kept me somewhat hopeful. "I'm right here, Calum. Always."

-

{Calum} - You're welcome.

Michael came in to see me today. I think, if I heard correctly, that would have been his first time he's been in with me since I arrived here. It was good to hear his voice at first and to know that he was here, but after a while I couldn't bare to hear him anymore. I'd never heard him in so much pain and to know that it was over me really crushed me. Luke came in too after he left, but it was different. Everyone else had came in begging for me to wake up, but much to my dismay, I couldn't. The way Luke spoke, it was almost like he was numb.

He talked to me about Delilah and I began to wonder where she was, hoping that she would see me soon. I hadn't heard her yet, I hadn't felt her hold my hand, or anything to give me even a little bit of strength. But finally, she came in after Luke left. Her warm hands took hold of mine and brought it up to her lips, kissing my skin lightly. She carefully rested my arm back at my side before she ran her fingers through my hair, every movement soothing me.

I knew she couldn't hear me. I knew that no words left my mouth despite what I thought, and no one could give me the answers that I needed, but I still spoke to Delilah as if she could. Even though I was the only one able to hear my questions, speaking to her, asking her them, helped.

"Delilah," I spoke. "Why can't I wake up?"

I internally sighed, of course, knowing before hand that I wouldn't receive a response. I wish I could see her. I wish I could sit myself up and open my own eyes to be able to reach over to her and wipe the tears which were falling from hers. For the first time since being here, and being semi-aware of things - whatever this in between place was - I felt scared.

I didn't think about it. I didn't think about not waking up because I just assumed that I would. What scared me most about everything was losing her, or rather, her losing me. She would break. She would absolutely crumble and I just know that nothing in the world could ever bring her some kind of happiness; not if she lost me. That was why I had to fight. Not for me, not for music; for Delilah.

So I told her, without actually telling her: "I don't want to leave you. Please know that I'm trying my hardest to wake up for you. I'm sorry.

You're not going to lose me."

-

Me is v proud of this chapter. Me hopes you like it. ME HOPES YOU COMMENT.

Me loves you.