1.3

{Delilah}.

It seemed that with every day Calum was unconscious for, our need for him to wake up increased. You never realise how much you depend on one person until you can't depend on them anymore.

Already within a few days, people had started to realise what happened, being that Calum was in the hospital, though all of us were too out of touch with everything else to realise people's growing concern. We probably wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for Michael getting mobbed on his way out of the hospital. We were all somewhat disgusted with the fan's behaviours as the thought never occurred to them that Calum wasn't the only person in the hospital. Though that was besides the point: we needed our privacy.

It made everyone a little unsettled and it soon became clear that Calum's state effected a lot more people than we thought. Rather than just those closest to him being effected, it was millions of people around the world.

Of course, this realisation only overwhelmed, me and I went back to the cruel thinking of blaming myself for what had happened. Luke was quick to notice however, and he was instantly by my side, calming me down from my panicked state.

On mosts nights since Calum's been here, it has been just Luke and I staying the night. I was here the most, Luke almost as much as me. Calum's parents came daily, as did Michael and Ashton, but they tended not to stay the night as they were comfortable with me being there instead.

You could see the struggle in Ashton's eyes whenever he was around. It made it hard not to worry about him. Though, he held himself together in front of us which was a painful thing to see.

Michael on the other hand had great difficulty even being in the same room as Calum. He couldn't even look at him when he was, which is why he spent most of his time sitting in the chair outside his door, rather than at his best friend's side.

Needless to say, we were all hurting.

-