2.4

{Calum}.

Do you ever wish you could just switch everything off, to not be in control of anything; to just fall in between life and death and not have a single though on your mind? Perhaps my physical state was that, but I wasn't completely all there. Emotionally, I felt everything.

"Delilah." I mumbled out her name helplessly, as if maybe even the sound of her name would give me strength. Gosh, I needed her.

I don't think anyone will ever quiet understand the pain I just experienced. My body doesn't even hurt; its mostly just numb because of all the medicine being injected into my system, but the doctors don't give you anything for the emotional pain and that is the hardest thing anyone will ever have to deal with.

I swear I was breathing too fast for it to be possible, it was almost like my heart was going to burst out of my chest, though I guess it didn't seem that way as no alarms went off or anything to give away the hint that I wasn't coping.

'Wake up Calum, wake up!' I screamed at myself, my hands fisting at my sides in anger, but then again; not really.

I knew she had to go and I knew that if she spent even one more minute with me, then she would have broken down completely, but selfishly I wish she could have stayed and I wish that for myself. I heard how much she was hurting, I could feel it, but I also felt my own pain too and I knew that would only go away if she stayed.

It puzzled me how I wasn't aware of his presence until I heard the reassuring sound of a guitar being played. Amid my panic, Michael had entered my room and he quietly began to sing to me, his lyrics reaching the deepest parts of me.

"Bitter words spoken, everything's broken. It's never too late to bring us back to life. When I close my eyes and try to sleep, I fall apart I'm fighting hard to breathe. You're the reason, the only reason."

Every single word was about me, I could just feel it in my bones, the kind that makes you ache with guilt. "Michael." I murmured out his name, my voice sounding weak to my own mind.

I felt my heart skip a beat as a blinding light flashed before my eyes. I was waking up?

'I wish I could have made you stay, and I'm the only one to blame." I heard Michael voice continue on as if nothing was happening, though I was sure my body was rising from the bed as I flinched at the lights.

"A broken an empty heart." I heard him sing after what felt like a second later, but I knew it couldn't be; he wasn't making any sense.

"Michael, help." I tired to speak his name but my words slurred in my mouth and my head began to feel too heavy to support.

"Taking every breath away.... This is everything I didn't say."

And just like I thought I wanted, everything changed.

-

I know its short but I began the next chapter (I just posted 2.3 like 10 minutes ago) straight away and I have a vague plan, but most of it its just whatever my fingers type out and t led me to this and I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT PLANNED FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL CHAPTERS AND I'M SO, SO SORRY BUT YOU'RE GONNA HATE ME.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK - BUT I COULD BE LYING AND IT COULD BE EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK.

That is all, clearly I love you all. HAHA (I really do).

25+ comments for the next chapter.