3.0

{Delilah}.

Maybe he could hear us, or maybe he was just getting stronger, either way, the slight movement of Calum's left arm was the first move he made since he opened his eyes. It wasn't much, but it was enough to keep us hopeful, enough to keep us faithful.

A tube was still down his throat to help with his breathing and multiple fluids being dripped into him. As well as all the other machines he was hooked to, Calum was still connected to a Nasogastric tube which was there to pump food into his stomach, though his body looked slimmer, almost in an unhealthy way.

By now, just after 2 weeks since the accident, most of the bruises had faded from his skin and all the blood that stained his body had soon be cleaned away. His right leg remained in a splint due to the damage done resulting in more surgery, but other than that, minus some bandaged up stitches, he didn't look so broken. I could touch him and know that he wouldn't break under my fingers.

I get the feeling that there have been more prayers spoken in the walls of a hospital than those of a church. Let me tell you, it didn't feel great. If God really was there, somewhere, which I believed Him to be, then I wondered why He had kept Calum alive for us this long. After all, we only called on Him when we had no one else. If this never happened then I probably never would have even prayed and for that reason I felt unworthy of such help. Though despite that, I still receive His help during this time, and I'll never know why. Perhaps God of all people understood my pain.

-

{Calum}.

I could hear the faint happiness in Delilah's voice, even as she apologised for crying. She was clearly overwhelmed by the news, as was I for that matter. Was I finally going to wake up? Would this finally end?

Leaving was never an option for me. Staying was the only thing I had control over, no matter how impossible it felt at times. To hear that I was improving, that I might wake up soon was indescribable. I could feel it, still the slightest bit out of reach, but I could see it now.

I could hear it in Luke's voice, in Ashton's and Michael's too. I could feel it in the way Delilah squeezed my hand, they way mum kissed my forehead. For the first time since being here, no one doubted me. I felt weightless again, yet I felt strong.

Now I just had to try and figure out how to open my eyes again. How I even managed to do it in the first place was beyond me, but I did, so I know I can do it again.

It was hard to explain; the feeling of wanting to wake up more than anything, yet being so scared to do so. What if everything changed?

I knew that no matter what, things had changed now, probably in most areas of my life, but what if they weren't all in a good way?

It's a weird thing to know something, yet have doubts about it. Does that even make sense? I knew Delilah loved me, her loyalty and the pain she radiates proves that, so why was I so scared to wake up? Why was I the one afraid of losing her?

I had all these questions and I knew that I wouldn't get any answers until I woke up. I needed some of them now, just to help me get through this, but I had to try and figure them out on my own, just like I had done with everything else.

Of course it was harder for me, but I knew Delilah had her own questions that she would have liked the answers too, and I knew that it was killing her that she couldn't find them out.

It was strangely comforting knowing that some of her questions were the same as mine, and that she had the same fears as me. As well as being able to hear her voice, it was nice to know what was on her mind, to know everything little thing troubling her. I knew it helped her - talking to me. It helped me too.

She told me everything and I hope she knew I could hear her. I think deep down, she really did. She once again told me how hard this had been and how she was trying her best to stay positive for me. As weak and helpless as I was, I was the one keeping her strong.

She told me how the one good thing that came out of this was that she found God, a new place to seek strength when she couldn't find any elsewhere. It made me happy to hear her happy herself. It made me want to wake up more than anything.

Every word she spoke was with either so much heartache, or so much hope. It amazed me at how she could hold both so deeply inside of her, almost as if everything that had ever hurt her was only making her stronger.

Her hand felt right whenever she locked hers with mine and I tried to match my unseat to heartbeat to hers as she slept soundly beside me, her head resting at my side, no more whimpers leaving her mouth as she slept. We were going to make it.

-

Ayyeee.

So there's a picture of me up top. I realised that unless you've been on my IG, you've probably never seen what I look like.

IS CALUM FINALLY GETTING BETTER, OR IS IT JUST HE HIGH BEFORE THE CRUMBLE? Who knows? I know. niamh26 knows.

;)

I know I asked for 45+ on my last chapter earlier today (and it's currently sound 30), but I really wanted to post this for you guys so I let it pass. You better appreciate it (and comment please).