3.1

{Delilah}.

I really did believe he was waking up. I knew that a part of me was already ready just in case he didn't, I still had a few doubts about everything which was only normal to do so, but as each day came, the possibility began to seem more and more real.

This wasn't just in my head anymore, I could see it clearly now, just picturing Calum coming home. Every day I would just sit by Calum, looking at him, waiting for him to wait up.

He moved again. Slowly and unconsciously, he moved his hand to touch the wire attached to his stomach. It wasn't time for him to wake up yet, but we knew it was close and he continued to prove that to us.

All the nurses seemed positive when they came to check in on Calum, their voices cheery and smiles resting brightly on their face. It was reassuring to see so many people have faith in him. The boys started talking about their plans for when Calum woke up. Of course Calum would need physio and a lot of rehab, but it would all be worth it to have him back again.

They started talking to him about places they'd like to visit and ideas for tour. They had all been pretty MIA the past few weeks, but that was understandable and all the fans were so supportive of Calum through this all.

It was nice to know that at the end of the day they could all just put their differences aside and come together as a famdom to help the boys through this.

I had finally gotten used to falling asleep hospital chairs, and I know longer was afraid to fall asleep. I knew that when I woke up, Calum would be right in front of me. I made a promise to myself to be there when Calum woke up. No matter what time it was, no matter how I was feeling; I was going to be there. I wouldn't bare it otherwise and I don't think he could have either.

-

{Calum}.

It was almost as if I was starting to gain sensation back in my body. While I was sure that was a good thing, it wasn't all that great as along with sensation coming back, so did the discomfort. I began to feel things that I wasn't aware of before.

Not all of them hurt as such, but just the discomfort they gave me and the sickly feeling of having tubes and wires sticking in and out of me wasn't all that nice. I used all my energy to focus on moving my hand to a particular tube I felt to the right of my stomach.

I wasn't sure if I had managed to do anything at first, but then I heard Delilah mumble out my name, sounding unsure if what she saw was real, or if she was dreaming. She carefully moved my hand from the tube much to my displeasure, instead, taking it in hers and squeezing it firmly. I was unable to squeeze back, feeling disappointed in myself, but a movement was a movement and I knew it gave so much hope to Delilah.

I became aware of the increasing ache in my chest, but as much as I tried to mumble out any audible words, I couldn't even make a sound. Still, the continuous drawing of Delilah's thumb running over my knuckles managed to keep me calm and distracted from everything else.

It was comforting to listen to her aimless chat with my mother, both of them talking about whatever subject crossed their minds: usually me. It didn't bother me though. Unlike before, they seemed happy to mention my name, they were talking about me as if I had a future, as if I was going to wake up. It was no longer heartfelt sentences, each word sounding depressed and lifeless as they previously described my appearance as.

I did wonder what I looked like to them, how different I seemed. I knew that I had several bandages over my body, all covering stitches I received from surgery - Delilah had already told me about all of those, but I wondered about everything else they didn't mention: my hair, the complexion of my skin.

But I answered myself accordingly, along with everything else I was unsure of: I'd just have to wake and see.

-

COMMENT YOUR LITTLE SOCKS OFF.

Just have to wait and see, just have to wake and see. See what I did there? Aye? Aye?

Anyways, my 5SOS Imagine/Preference book reached NUMBER 3 I'M SO HAPPY GUYS TYSM.

I can't believe it's now over 30 chapters. Alright, there mostly just 1000 words, but still.

One thing you need to know about this book is always expected the unexpected. I'll lead you up to thinking something, but will it ever really happen? Mwah, ha, ha.

COMMENT YOUR LITTLE SOCKS OFF.

PS: WHAT SHOULD THEIR SHIP NAME BE? #CALILAH/DALUM