1.1

{Delilah}.

I returned to the hospital, more tired than I had been when I left. My hair was finally clean, and I had a fresh set of clothes on, though that didn't change the fact that I looked like a complete wreck. Sadly, I had been in this hospital long enough to know exactly where to find Calum without any trouble.

I reached the hallway before his room, noticing the boys sitting on chairs by his door, Michael and Ashton completely passed out. I approached them with caution, walking lightly on my feet to reduce the amount of noise I made. Luke looked over, a tired smile meeting his lips as I made my way to stand beside his chair.

"How are you?" He asked me. He could see it in my eyes that nothing had changed, and that being away from Calum for the night only seemed to make things worse for me, though I knew he was only trying to be polite so I answered him as best as I could.

"I've been better." I told him, letting my bag drop from my shoulder to the floor as I sat myself down in the seat next to him. These plastic chairs were something I hadn't missed while I was back home.

He nodded understandingly, a yawn parting from his mouth as he outstretched his arms in front of him. "And how's Calum?" I added on after letting a moment pass by, doubting to hear any news in his concern. Luke shook his head, the corners of his lips tugging down as he looked over to Michael and Ashton. "Nothing." He stated. "There hasn't been any more news or anything. Just nothing."

I let out a sigh, his words only adding to the exhaustion within me. Luke dropped his hand to my knee causing me to look over at him. He gave me a reassuringly smile, lifting his arm up to pull me into a side hug. "I want him back." I spoke out quietly to him, wishing that Calum could be the one to console me rather than his best friend.

"Hey," Luke cooed. "He's not gone anywhere." He reminded me, though my mind added the word 'yet' after he had spoke, my lips trembling in response.

I sat back up, my elbows propped on my knees as I rested my chin in my hands, staring blankly at the wall before me.

"Delilah." Luke spoke with concern, sitting up and leaning forward too, so his head was in line with mine. I turned my head to face his direction, my eyes looking slightly left to his, not meeting contact. "He'll pull through."

I knew that now wasn't the time to ask about the 'what if's or to tell him to not get his hopes up. There wasn't really any right time to tell him or ask him about all my doubts, but I stayed quiet for him after seeing the way his eyes held a certain desperation as he talked about Calum.

Mine held the same look, too.

-

Please comment your thoughts, I put so much effort into this and I really hope you like it, or it moves you in someway.

I also hope you like the cover. The old one was rather plain and the moment I saw this picture of Calum, I knew it was meant for the book.

-