0.5

{Delilah}.

My head snapped around, wondering who the voice belonged to. He offered me a sad smile as I looked at him. He had bags under his eyes and they seemed bloodshot too, his hair a mess along with his clothes.

"Luke?"

I stood up hesitantly, letting go of Calum's hand and rushing over to Luke. He opened for a hug and I crashed against his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist tightly as he hid his face in the crook of my neck.

We pulled away after several seconds and he wiped the fresh tears from his eyes, his focus locked on Calum.

I watched silently as he walked over and stood at his side, his cheeks tuning pale as he stared at his beat up body lying on the bed, unable to move.

"Sh*t, Calum."

Luke mumbled, pinching the very top of his nose as he squeezed his eyes shut to try and stop himself from crying.

I watched him helplessly, understanding the very pain Luke was feeling as he looked at him. He let out a deep breath and nodded his head as his eyes drifted away from Calum. "Don't blame yourself for this." He told me, his eyes making contact with mine.

I looked away, my vision setting on the floor as I fiddled with my hands nervously. "Del, this isn't your fault."

"Isn't it?" I asked him, stopping myself from letting my anger out on him.

"Del," Luke tried to calm me.

"No Luke, he would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for me." I spoke in a heartbroken tone. "Everything is my fault. If I hadn't of took off then he wouldn't have followed me and none of us would be in this mess."

He stared at me for a moment, no words coming out of his mouth as he processed what I had just told him. My breathing was fast and coming out shaky as I tried to recover from my mini outburst which came on so suddenly.

"That should be me." I repeated as I had done when he first walked in.

"So then it could be Calum feeling this way? Blaming himself?" Luke asked me, trying to convince me that it shouldn't.

"It shouldn't have even happened, Luke. But gosh do I wish I could take his place."

He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts to think of what to say to me.

I sat down in the chair at Calum's bedside, holding onto his hand weakly as soft whimpers began to escape my lips.

"Hey," Luke cooed sadly, walking around to me. "Just breathe, ok?" He tried to calm me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I squeezed onto Calum's hand, placing all my focus into him, trying to block out everything else. After a few minutes, I had calmed down again and I looked up and kept my eyes on Calum.

Luke brought a chair into the room, sitting beside me nervously, hands fiddling as sat up tensely. "Delilah?" He spoke me name, his tone unsure as he looked over at me.

"Mmh?" I mumbled as I looked back at him, awaiting his question.

"What happened?"

-

Thank you for the almost 400 reads in under a day. I know it's not really much, especially compared to my preference book, but I'm thankful that you've all had a read at this and I hope you're enjoying it so far.

My writing will get better as the story progresses - just like it did with my preference book if you compare some of the first ones to the more current ones.

I'll try and update regularly.

All my love.

💓