ACT ONE: CHAPTER SEVEN

"Don't you think he looks like a moron?"

Mr Choi internally sighed knowing it was going to be a long morning.

"Who Mr Baek?"

"That moron being an attention whore."

Mr Choi followed his gaze noticing Joel, the rapidly rising rookie. He knew exactly who to cozy up to and the superiors really liked him.

It was very early days but there were talks of him making it up to senior management at some point.

Plus... all Joel was doing right now was talking to some people in the hallway... barely anything to be called an attention whore or moron over.

Mr Choi did not miss the look or subtle release of pheromones to intimidate as they walked past the man.

"A lot of people seem to look at Joel favourably Mr Baek."

"I don't and the way I look at people is the only one that matters. Don't you agree?"

Mr Choi contemplated telling his boss how it'd look that he had such a deep hatred for the young man... releasing pheromones to intimate was bordering on criminal as well...

But ultimately, Mr Choi liked his paycheque.

"Absolutely sir. It's the only opinion that matters."

"So like I said, he's a moron," Woojin repeated with a wide smile getting into the backseat of his car. "And I'm starting to lose patience."

"Can I just ask why you dislike Joel this much?"

"Because he keeps playing where he shouldn't."

And Mr Choi left that alone right there.

Because his paycheque did not include mind reader.
...

As an alpha it was getting harder and harder for Joel to resist.

Having an omega like Saafeyah in the workplace was torture for all the alphas. The tone of her voice was sweet. Her skin glistened.

And every once in a while when she was nervous, excited or even happy, a slightly sweet smell of honey filtered into the room.

It drove the alphas crazy.

One thing about Joel... he was an absolute mutt. He did not care about his girlfriend at home, he needed options.

It was an open secret that he slept with girls in the office.

Being light skinned with green eyes was his personality. He believed that his features could get him any girl.

And he wanted the hot commodity.

"Saafeyah," he started licking his lips. "Why you don't be letting me take you out for lunch?"

"I bring food from home," Saafeyah responded honestly. "Plus I prefer eating alone."

Saafeyah had always been very self conscious about the way she ate. She was always the last one at the table when she lived at the orphanage because she ate slow.

And now, she just enjoyed eating alone.

It felt like less pressure.

"I feel like you don't like hanging out with me."

"I do," she smiled, "we sit at the same desk all day."

It was starting to annoy Joel that Saafeyah always missed his advances. She was cute but oh so dense and he liked his women a bit more... risqué.

"Do you have a boyfriend," Joel asked trying to figure out why everything he threw she just deflected.

"No," she responded shyly. "I don't have a boyfriend."

The other girls in the room rolled their eyes. To them, it seemed like Saafeyah was always playing Miss Innocent.

And it was irritating to them how much attention she got for it.

"Not even a single boyfriend?"

Saafeyah was starting to get uncomfortable by this conversation. She didn't really want to talk about her personal life.

She also didn't like the way Joel looked at her sometimes but, she didn't say anything in case it was in her head.

She just wasn't interested in him.

"Um... I'm going to go have my lunch," she hurried standing up with her lunchbox and leaving the room.
...

In the huge building, Saafeyah had found a quiet, secluded place to have her lunch. In the few months she had been there she hadn't seen people come there to eat.

It was just a random bench in a hidden part of the building.

"I built this bench for myself. Why are you sitting there," the familiar giant sighed sitting next to Saafeyah.

"I'm sorry," she panicked, wrapping her sandwich. "I'll stop disturbing y-"

"Just sit and eat your food," he instructed holding her hand a bit. "I didn't tell you to leave."

Saafeyah still felt flustered and a bit guilty for staying... she couldn't deny that she wanted to spend time with her boss.

The man was magnetic.

And she hadn't seen him in two weeks.

From seeing him so often before, she started to get used to him being there. Even if it was just him and his cheeky smile. Or the way their eyes locked in passing.

And maybe the comments he made... even if some wouldn't be considered appropriate. She liked the way he made her heat up... it was like butterflies each time.

But not seeing him for such a long time made her aware that at the end of the day, this was a busy man.

Completely out of her league. But... she still wanted to... see him. Even if she knew she shouldn't want that.

"Mr Baek-"

"Ah you're back to that," Woojin tutted displeased. "It's just us two right here."

"W-woojin," she stuttered tucking a strand of hair behind her ears. "I-"

"You're not even looking at me," Woojin complained guiding her chin towards him. "You said you'd look at me when you speak."

It was like Saafeyah's whole body was heating up... she wondered if she was starting to go into heat. It wasn't like Woojin was releasing pheromones either...

The man's existence was starting to confuse her.

"I haven't seen you in a while."

"And what? You miss me?"

"Yeah," she admitted without much thought. "W-wait n-no-"

Saafeyah's train of thought was interrupted by Woojin licking the corner of her lip.

"You had a crumb," he smiled cheekily. "You taste good, sweetheart."